C++ Support

Hi,
Now, which company support and extent c++?
Thanks
There is no "company" supporting C++. C++ is standartised by International Organization for Standardization: http://www.iso.org/iso/home/about.htm

All decisions about C++ standard are decided by WG21 Comitee, consisting from people working for major IT companies all over the world: https://isocpp.org/std/the-committee
So when no company supporting c++. it's reliable?
So when no company supporting c++. it's reliable?
You do not need much support for bunch of papers. It is more reliable than if there was a single company owning it. By having a Comitee consisting from members all around the globe, from companies which extensively uses C++, you can be sure that C++ developement would be continued and only agreed on ideas will come through.
Thanks for reply,
So microsoft independently development c++ on their compiler?
Microsoft itself doesn't develop C++, but Microsoft does develop their own C++ compiler (though I'm sure Microsoft does have input into new developments in C++). Technically speaking, anyone can develop a standards compliant compiler. But things like that take a ridiculous amount of time and effort.

Microsoft develops a compiler that will take your C++ code and produce an executable, but Microsoft itself doesn't actually develop the whole language.
Microsoft is developing a compiler for C++. It does includes several extensions (which Standard allows, but its use is discouraged if you do not want to be locked on this compiler), but aside from that and several newer features not yet implemented is pretty much standard conforming.

Note that Microsoft has another language called C++/CLI which has little relation to C++. (if something, it relates to C++ as C++ relates to C).
Interesting, I didn't know that Microsoft has another language. I probably will not be learning it.

Personally, I don't use the extensions in Microsoft's compiler. I develop for both Linux and Windows, so I need to be able to just throw my code into a Linux compiler and have it ready to go. I love using Microsoft's compiler (that and the IDE is wonderful), but I don't use extensions.

There are exceptions. A compiler doesn't HAVE to implement EVERY feature (some C++11 features are not supported by Microsoft's 2013 compiler, which I currently use), but I don't know enough about that to go into extreme detail.

Microsoft, as wonderful of a compiler that they make, doesn't by itself develop the whole C++ language that we all know and love, though they do play a part.

Like MiiniPaa said earlier, the C++ language is standardized by an organization and committee, so no one company develops the language.
Microsoft is developing a compiler for C++. It does includes several extensions (which Standard allows, but its use is discouraged if you do not want to be locked on this compiler), but aside from that and several newer features not yet implemented is pretty much standard conforming.

Note that Microsoft has another language called C++/CLI which has little relation to C++. (if something, it relates to C++ as C++ relates to C).

Thank you, Can you give me more details?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.