New. Need help!

Hey everyone i am brand new here.
I just started doing C++ (today), i have some previous knowledge about programing (java, html) but would really like to learn c++.

This website helped me alot and i wanna thank u guys for all the info!

Ok so I use Dev-C++ and when i go to Execute>Run. A small window pops up and says that the "Project is not compiled"

what should i do?
i tried: Execute >Compile...
but it didnt work...

Thanks!
You need to compile first. There is a Compile & Run option, isn't there? Check the toolbar(s) for it by hovering over each button in the toolbar(s) or just check for it in the menus. It should be there somewhere.

Also, if that doesn't work, there is a Rebuild All option as well, if I recall correctly.
Last edited on
I tried Complie first as well as COMPILE & RUN option and even the Rebuild all option
but none of them work...nothing pops out or anything...when i click on either one of them nothing really happens...is that the way its supposed to be?

and thanx for the help buddy

Edit:
I just realized that whenever i try to COMPILE it .. it says on the bottom that "The system cannot find the file specified"
Last edited on
Make sure you have the file either in the directories that it looks at (usually there is a directory in the program's files called "header" or similar). You could alternatively link it (although I don't know how to do this in Dev-C++).
Then can u plz post a link to the program u use?
i dont really care what program to use ne more
ive been tryinta donwload and use all sorts of programs for C++

Id appreciate if do that for me
thanks a lot!
I use Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition...made by Microsoft. You can get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/#webInstall

Go down and select your language/click download next to "Visual C++ 2008."
Oh shoot!
thats the one that weighs a lot
ive tried it already
in fact i still have the installation on my computer

ill try to reinstall it and tell u how it goes because last time i tried it got stuck (i think) during the installation..
but in general would u recommend this program over Dev-C++?

Thanks a lot

EDIT:

I tried to install it but the setup stop working...
Im so frustrated now! what should i do?
Should i donwnload a different one?
Last edited on
Hm, I didn't have any problems with my installation...so I don't know why you would be having any problems. Also, I haven't ever used Dev-C++ so I couldn't tell you which one is better. Maybe someone else could help you decide.
Last edited on
Ok thansk for the help my friend
which one of the four should i download (from the link u posted)..

and please anyone else who can help...thanks
You wouldn't happen to be using Vista would you? Does it say it can't find cc1.exe or cc1plus.exe (something ending in .exe)?

Post your results here.
Yes, i am using Vista. No it doesn't say that. What happens is that when i run the installation, it just stops it in the middle saying that the software stopped working...
I recommend using something else then. From what I hear, wxDev-C++ is actively developed. You might try that at:
http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/

If that fails, I guess you'll need to use the Visual C++ Express Edition...
was there any problem when you were installing devc++? any file missing?

im also a newbie, learning c++, and im using devc++, so far no problem though.
no files missing
it just gets stopped in the middle of the installation by windows vista...
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.