C++ Game Market?

Hey guys, I was wondering what game market you can put games on using only C++? For example, using Java to code and to create Android apps on the Google Play market. You could do C++ with the Java-related game market through Android apps, but I have heard it's tough and can be a pain to create mobile game apps using C++ - on top of integrating it with Java, which also I would be trying to learn Java as well all at once.

I was just wondering what market is there for a C++ game development, and where would I go or how much would it cost to upload the games onto that market in particular? Any ideas or recommendations? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
*wiggles a jig* ~ Ka-BUMP! ~ Owww, my hip!!
When it comes to C++ game development, many many games are released on PC, with some going for XBox as well. Really, you can develop for any platform you want, as long as that platform supports those games written in C++.
Android does Java, and iOS does Objective-C (also Swift now as well).

If you are serious about game development, try learning how to use a good game engine. I recommend Unreal Engine, as it is entirely in C++, and you can develop games for multiple platforms with it. It costs a little bit of money, but it is worth it.

Otherwise, you could learn how to use DirectX or OpenGL if you want to do 3D graphics. If you're going to use C++, you can pretty much develop for any platform you want. You can develop for iOS in C++ if you use Unreal Engine (it will translate all the code for you). Not sure about Android.

As for the cost, that depends on the platform and whatever is hosting your game. Apple will take 30% of your profits from the app store, Unreal Engine (made by Epic Games) requires 5% of your profits. I'm not sure how much Valve (Steam) wants to host your games. Definitely something to look into.

Unreal engine, of course, is not the only game engine out there, but it is one of the most affordable ones, and it is a great one as well. Many professional AAA games have been developed using Unreal Engine (like the Borderlands games, as well as many many other successful games).

The world is yours to explore.
Put it on Steam (see Greenlight: your game will be voted by the community, and will be approved based on votes).
The one-time fee is $100 (or €100?) and you can upload multiple games from your account.
Note: Make sure all your game files are licensed to you: Your game may be removed otherwise, with a few exceptions.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.