Help with Visual Studio 2013

Hey I am very new to c++ programming but I've programmed in other languages such as Java, visual basic and html. I want to get started in c++ so I downloaded Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013. My problem is I cant figure out how to compile the simplest of programs. When I start a new project and write a hello world program I get a slew of error messages. Can anyone give me a step by step of how to use vs2013?
When I start a new project and write a hello world program I get a slew of error messages.

Be sure to start an empty project, Win32 Console Application, and to disable precompiled header files.
Also, what are the error messages?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235629.aspx
Last edited on
I still couldnt figure it out so I downloaded Code Blocks and it works fine. Thanks
First open Visual Studio, then click 'New Project'. Then from templates select 'Visual C++' and from there select 'Empty Project'. Give the project some name and click OK. Now what you will have is a dark blue screen. On the right side, there will be a "Solution Explorer" tab. Click it and you'll see a few folders. Right click on 'Source Files' and click 'Add new item'. From there select C++ File and click "Add". Now you can enter code. When you finish coding press the green play button on the top to debug and run your code.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.