Assignment help (SOS)

Someone can help me with this assignment work. I kinda new in C++. I need some guidelines for my assignment.

You are required to develop an application to keep track of the information about DVDs and customers in a DVD rental shop. The users of this application should be able to enter, search, edit, and view information of DVDs and customers based on different access priority. This application will be used by the administrators and customers.
In addition, a supporting document is needed to reflect the design of the implementation codes and the implementation details that utilises the object oriented programming concepts.

• Each user of the system has its own username and password. The users of the system and their priorities are as follows:
Administrator
- Has the highest access priority which enables him/her to perform all the functionalities of the system.
- Able to register/add new users and DVDs to the system.
- Able to add, delete, edit and search all records.
Customer
- Able to view DVD information.
- Able to borrow DVDs.
- Able to view and edit own information.

• The administrator has the right to add/register new customers. The following details of each customer are recorded (you may include other relevant details):
- Customer ID (Unique)
- Name
- National Identification Card Number
- Status (permitted or banned)
- Charges

• The administrator has the right to add new DVDs. The following details of DVDs are recorded ( you may include other relevant details ):
- DVD ID (Unique)
- Copy Number
- Title
- Genre (action, comedy, horror, etc.)
- Director
- Rental date
- Return date
- Rental Status
- Rental fee

• Each customer can rent up to 3 DVDs using their account. The customer can only rent DVDs if he/she hasn’t exceeded the quota allocated and if he/she is not banned. A customer can be banned by an admin depending on the situation. For example, a customer may be banned for not returning DVDs for an extended period of time. This ban is a temporary ban and can be changed by admin as situation changes.

• It is to be noted that every DVD has a unique ID, however can have multiple copies. Each copy is identified with the combination of DVD ID and copy number. When a customer rents a DVD, he/she actually rents a copy of the DVD. A customer may rent copies of the same of different DVDs according to his/her quota.

• Whenever a DVD is rented by a customer, we maintain the rental date as well as the return date. If the customer returns the DVD after the due date, he/she is charged with overdue fees depending on how many days exceeded his/her due date.

• The search for any records in the system can be done by using the following categories:
- Customer ID
- Customer Name
- DVD Title
- Director
- Genre

• You should store all the information that is added and edited in either a text file or a data file, so that the information can be uploaded back into the system once activated or saved when the system is exited.
You're going to have to do more than a copy/paste of your assignment and a "please help" message. We're not a homework service, and nobody here is going to do the work for you. We can help you out, but you have to show you're making an effort first.

The assignment seems to be spelled out in pretty rich detail. What part of it is stumping you?
Sorry. I was given a easy assignment during in class but when my lecturer give us this kind assignment question that i never learn before.

I'm stuck and don't know how to start. I just need guide to show me how to start the program.

Really appreciate if you guys can help me.
Here you go:
int main(int argc, char* args[])
{
  return 0;
}

That's starting point for most programs.
If you encounter some problems when writing program - ask!

Good luck! :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.