do someone know about a tutorial to use mysql with dev-c++?

Hello, I'm new here,but I need help

do someone know about a tutorial to use mysql with dev-c++?

a tutorial page or something in youtube

sorry if you don't understand me
Last edited on
Let me save you future, countless hours by telling you: don't use Dev-C++! It's long unsupported; it hasn't been updated since 2005.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
If you are using Bloodshed Dev C++ yes it is highly obsolete and you really should consider getting a different IDE. The main problem with bloodshed is it is using a very very old version of the MinGW compiler which will cause you a lot of problems.

So your best bet like Josue said is to change you IDE but you don't necessarily need to stop using Dev C++. There is actually a version of Dev C++ that is being actively updated and maintained which you can find here http://orwelldevcpp.blogspot.com/ . If you like the look and feel of dev c++ your best bet is to go download this version which comes with a up to date compiler.

Otherwise some other IDE's that you might like is Code::Blocks, VS2012 express, Eclipse for C++, QT Creator or you can go just a highly customized text editor route and use Sublime Text 3. There are plenty of options out there but the main thing is don't use bloodshed dev C++, orwell's version is fine but not bloodshed.
thanks for say me, I'm going to download code::blocks
Last edited on
Or you could just use gcc.
gcc?
only the compiler
Last edited on
Yeah. I use command line compiling. I don't have all of those fancy buttons and crap.

They frustrate me. There are so many special rules you have to follow that don't make sense.

I like gcc because I can make a bin out of files from different directories all over the place.
sorry but i dont know how to make it
closed account (3qX21hU5)
In order to run gcc you would need to be on a *Nix system (Or running Cygwin or something like it). Otherwise you can get the windows version which is MinGW.

Command line compiling is great and I do it all the time also, but you should always have a IDE ready for debugging. Sure you can do debugging in the command line but in my mind it just doesn't compare to what a IDE's debugger can tell you.
Last edited on
I've never actually seen an IDE compiler point at the correct line of code. Nor have I seen one that properly uses the step-by-step property. Of course, I tend to do that myself while I'm writing up what I plan to code anyways, so it's not usually a problem.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.