storing data

All the programs i write perform their assinged functions, no complaints. But is there a way for your program to store a string of data so when you open the program again, it remembers your information: for exp..
>You'd like to add all your paychecks over a period of six months?
Maybe you should write the data in a file. You need File I/O knowledge for that so go and study. :D
Can you give me an example, keywords or something lol, it isnt like i have an instructor to annoy with questions, I'm just curious what i should study?
Listen I'm a noob like you I think, I'm guessing because you're having questions of the thing which are basics...in beginners forum. Like I said find a book and read about File I/O. I can't explain WHOLE File I/O mechanics to you here. It's just not the place. You read books and if you don't know something, some small part of greater problem you ask. Usually I would (and this is noob talking) include fstream and then read/write to it the data I want. Learn-ahhh!!! xD
yeah thats what i was curious about == (include fstream and then read || write to it the data you want. i am so new to C++ that i had no idea what I/O mechanics were. i figured there was some simple way to get the point across..thanks for the humbling exp.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.