Sunk cost

Pages: 1234
I AM A HUMAN MADE OF MEAT LIKE YOU BEEP BOOP.
Ah, The Meat World Lives!
closed account (E8A4Nwbp)
Sorry, i responded hastily due to an obligation.

@Ganado Not the atmosphere I intended. Rather a student assuring his professor that the understanding of a concept was achieved

Last edited on
Arnold, the only natty vegan gains bodybuilder, next to Rich Piana.
"Thank God for pure natural strength" --Ronnie Coleman
Purity of essence, purity of form.
FurryGuy wrote:
The Meat World Lives!

They're Made Out of Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tScAyNaRdQ
Last edited on
That's great. I kind of like the story better, though. It's a little bit silly to be shocked at meat sounds when you're in human form.

https://www.mit.edu/people/dpolicar/writing/prose/text/thinkingMeat.html

Also, that's the bad guy from Robocop 2!
Yeah, the human forms were not what I saw in my head with the story. I don't recall even imagining them to be on Earth, but maybe just in a spaceship in orbit. I suppose they are just "projecting" a human form and are something else in reality. I liked the actors and how they were smoking like idiots, presumably to fit in.

I didn't notice the Robocop 2 connection. Cool!
It's a little bit silly to be shocked at meat sounds when you're in human form.

And if the "human form" is some form of disguise that masks the entities' true form such as a projection hologram or a robotic/mechanized "encounter suit?"

Think the Thermians in "Galaxy Quest."
In Galaxy Quest the aliens wanted to talk to humans. Here one was making a report to the other. If they can appear however they want they should be able to simply be invisible. In fact, there should be no reason to meet in a diner. They don't want to meet meat yet they're sitting around in meat costumes ordering meat stimulants? Don't get me wrong, it's funny. That's why 3rd Rock From the Sun was funny. It's just a little bit silly.
The situation as seen in the short is absurd, no doubt about it. One of the differences between visual and written word realms.

It does make it easier for a meat based audience to relate to what is happening without reams of exposition that would detract from the story.
Of course, of course. I don't think the surprise factor of the story could have been kept in a visual medium any other way. Most viewers are human, after all.
A BIG ooops on my part. I confused a couple of "Men In Black" aliens with "Galaxy Quest."

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTZmZGJiMjQtNGVhNi00ZDkwLWI5NzYtN2FjN2Q2NGEwMmNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjA4NTIyOTE@._V1_.jpg
*Whistles in anime*
*blows across the opening of a moonshine jug*
@helios this is another question pertaining to the matter which I am dismayed to not have made earlier.

helios wrote:
A lot of people just don't know what they want to do...[you go on to say this could be unideal]

If I am not mistaken, several times I have encountered a statement claiming that asking a child what job he/she wishes to get is detrimental. Some have said, I believe, it is a question which can be of utmost detriment to them. You stated the opposite, so I presume you object. Am I correct?

It's a claim which I was always uncertain about. Surely such an enquiry has not been of great harm.
Last edited on
I don't know why they say that, but I don't think you can deduce from that quote of mine that I agree or disagree with that sentiment. I don't really have an opinion on the matter.

Whether you ask a child what sort of job they might like to do and whether a person has a realistic answer to that question by the time they're finishing high school are, I think, two very different situations.
What I was getting at is that the pre-university education system is mostly geared towards giving "general knowledge", with "general" meaning both "useless for most people" and "mostly inadequate". Thus, when a person leaves high school they've spent something like ten years learning a tiny little bit about a lot things but nothing in-depth-enough that they might be able to use to improve their life. Schools aim for the stars by trying to make well-rounded individuals and fail utterly, as most people are still ignorant of basic facts. They should aim to make workers who can both provide for themselves and move the economy forward. That would involve both encouraging students to prepare for jobs that society needs, but also show them what options they have. That's what my point was. If someone doesn't know what they want to do it's because they haven't been shown enough options.
Affirmative, I demonstrated egregious behaviour in making such a presumption. Deepest apologies, that is I am sorry for making a connection between the two situations of great disparity, as in the child compared to the studied adult.

I take my action seriously as I have allegedly made an assumption about yourself, which lacked foundation and, of course, came to your attention, making you magnanimously, with the utmost kindness and devoid of even the slightest disgruntlement, write a comprehensive response explicating what you had initially meant. Again, terribly sorry for causing you to go through such trouble
Last edited on
At the moment I am choosing which programming language to learn in detail? I have some technical background and want to enhance it. I am from Georgia, a https://areaphonecodes.com/united-states/404 404 area code. Recently I have seen a lot of vacancies in my region for C++ professionals. Anyway, I will be always able to work remotely. Please encourage me with my intention. Thanks a lot for your time and support.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1234