Beginners - November 2021 (Page 3)

I cannot figure this out

*Disclaimer* -In no way am I remotely good at programming. The following code has taken me four weeks to figure out, and I'm at my wit's end. I just need advice...
[1 reply] : Lots of things to note first: 1. You shouldn't use headers that end i... (by zapshe)
Use of bottom up heap construction for sorting

Given the word “banana” and you are supposed to use the bottom up heap construction to do the sorting, the child in every sorting will be smaller than the p...
[no replies]
Calculation problems

Am working on an addition program. On my program am trying to figure out the reason behind a scenario in which when input numbers for calculation, the output is...
[1 reply] : // set the floating point output format to fixed a format, // and ze... (by JLBorges)
A problem

I tried to make a console app that reads every character and it gives u it type I'm using visual studio 2022 the IDE indicates an error in "..." #inclu...
[8 replies] Last: Functions from <cctype> To use these functions safely with plain ch... (by JLBorges)
by Amin96
in dare need for help

a new mall center wants to encourage their costumers to buy more. write a program that help it to apply the appropriate discount concerning the amount of the bi...
[4 replies] Last: it's not homework it's a test oh well in that case, let me send you t... (by Ganado)
Backbround music for console game

Hello, it's me again, so I tried to find a way to play music while the program still running I search in the Internet but what I found is just playing music on...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot, that was so fast (by merlinf)
Random choice for game bot

Hi guys, so my homework is to make a tic-tac-toe game, and when I was trying to make a bot to play against the player, I realized that my programming way make t...
[5 replies] Last: It's seems like I misdiscribe it, I mean to choose randomly one of the... (by merlinf)
Help with assignment

Write your question here. New to C++ and have an assignment to complete, running short on time and I have spent hours on this already. Feeling like I'm not mak...
[2 replies] Last: Create an abstract data type that represents a DVD in this store. Con... (by kbw)
by tapni
Bool function

A function determineLetter should return true if there is only one of "abcdefxyz" letter. But it only works for "a". What's wrong? #include <iostream> #in...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; bool cont... (by lastchance)
Program to create a count based on users input

Hello everyone, I am working on a programming assignment for a beginner C++ course I am taking. Input: name and preference of Vegetarian/Non-vegetarian pr...
[10 replies] Last: And you did it well. I hope what I said helps as well, building off i... (by jonnin)
void *writeloop(void *arg) {}

What is the point here passing argument as a pointer to pointer function? void *writeloop(void *arg) {}
[3 replies] Last: pthread is code from before c++ got its threading tools. If I remembe... (by jonnin)
Using sequences for a matrix to add and subtract

I'm trying to use a set of sequences to add and subtract a matrix that is loaded into the program from a txt file, but I've got a mistake at the beginning of th...
[2 replies] Last: Perhaps consider something like this: #include <iostream> #include ... (by seeplus)
3 Log in attempts

I was trying to do a 3 login attempt system. Whenever I try to run the code, it says there is no match for operator != . #include <iostream> #include <stri...
[5 replies] Last: Yes you are right. Good catch! (by Manga)
error compiling on macbook terminal

I encountered the following error message when I try to compile using g++ on my macbook terminal Undefined symbols for architecture arm64: "_main", referenc...
[5 replies] Last: Curious to see what's in the object file that it created. $ cat foo.... (by salem c)
by dhinze
Function does not take 0 arguments error

Hello I am creating a program that uses selection sort, bubble sort, sequential search, and binary search in a menu. I have a Source file, a Header file, and Fu...
[3 replies] Last: would fix this issue Probably not - you appear to have int main()... (by lastchance)
by Ch1156
Countdown timer using chrono

I would like to create a countdown timer, and my attempt isnt working. I think im close but it doesnt seem to be working, what am I doing wrong? #include ...
[13 replies] Last: That is much for better general purpose. It can still 'oversleep' a t... (by jonnin)
by Mif
Debug Assertion Failed ! Can someone help me understand what am i doing wrong ? 'C' language

Hello.. I get this error message while my game (program) is running. Is not happening all the time.. but sometime in a while this error appear and somehow I see...
[9 replies] Last: I just comment all the SaveCurrentUser that are permanently called and... (by Mif)
C++ Book Exercices

Hello there!. Could not compile with error: root@supernova-MacBookPro:/home/supernova/Desktop/Impetus/Prog/Nov# g++ GradeBook.cpp -o GradeBookcpp /usr/bin/ld...
[7 replies] Last: .h line 11: The declaration for your constructor accepts only a singl... (by AbstractionAnon)
Vectors giving me trouble (string and double)

Hello! I am working on vectors and my program is giving me problems. This is the specification: A manufacturer needs a program to determine the total cost of...
[6 replies] Last: Macbeth, act iv. I just came here because of your awesome title. ... (by Duthomhas)
by ALNLAA
I know where the problem is but I can't fix it.

Hello, basically I've been given a task where a user inputs a number (seconds) and you need to calculate which date is it starting from 9 of August 1945 (Nagasa...
[1 reply] : You should probably rethink you're approach to this. Having the hardco... (by zapshe)
November 2021 Pages: 12345... 8
  Archived months: [oct2021] [dec2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.