Beginners - July 2020 (Page 9)

help with simple game

NOTE - I have designed it wrong it turned into a tic toc tac game with 4 values = to win I have designed a simple 4 - CONNECT game with infinty board, u can...
[2 replies] Last: yeah I the day I posted this post , I debuged my code until I found my... (by ahmedddddddd)
by Mif
Problem with wcscpy_s function

I use the MSDN example with the create ComboBox but I have a problem with this wcscpy_s(A, sizeof(A)/sizeof(TCHAR), (TCHAR*)Planets ); the Compiler ...
[5 replies] Last: MS doesn't specify what you need to include when using non-MS compiler... (by George P)
Large factorial with built-in data type

Hello, Can I write a program in c++ for calculating the below series with long long int? (Fifty-first sentences) Or I should use an array and other algorithms...
[6 replies] Last: Since the first terms are less than zero, you can't use any integer ... (by dhayden)
template + class question

let's say i declared a template and a class in a header file, how do I define them in a cpp file? here's my h file template <class time> class clock{ ...
[4 replies] Last: to have a separate cpp for the template functions explicit template in... (by ne555)
Need Opinion of C++ exercise

Hi, so i'm doing a C++ exercise from my text book and i'm a little confused of what it is asking me to do, curious if anyone can help me. the exercise is as fo...
[13 replies] Last: Your petty ego is getting in the way of your miniscule anger managemen... (by againtry)
help with code

I am programming a code that will find the average number of boxes of cookies sold by the children in a particular scout troop. I am having trouble creating a ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you everybody :) (by amps1204)
Wrong output for correct code

So I had to create this project for a course I am taking, and for some reason keeps outputting the circle calculations. How do I fix this to output other shape ...
[2 replies] Last: It worked! Thank you! (by nikovch)
Don't know how to loop this properly and perhaps an infi loop problem

Hey, just started learning c++ a few days ago. How do I make my code back to the start after typing in aaa for the first input. It just starts to exit the progr...
[1 reply] : duplicate, keep it in the original ongoing. (by jonnin)
Endless loop Problem

Write your question here. When I input -5 it goes to an endless loop. This is after hitting aaa on the first question. Don't know how to add these two conditio...
[5 replies] Last: without checking the go again input, which you can add yourself, the b... (by jonnin)
by Mif
Help with RichText control..

I Create a RichText.. and I edit an rtf file to load in resource.. I put some text in it and an bmp image... then I ran the code and I can see all the things I ...
[no replies]
input validation pt 2

how can I go about adding verification to make sure the user doesn't enter the same number twice. //main program int main() { //Data srand(time(...
[10 replies] Last: thank you guys for all the help (by pnwadike99)
Having trouble with English to Pig Latin Translation Project

Hello, This is my first time on any kind of programming forum, so please forgive me if I violate any rules. As with most students, I have been tasked with co...
[3 replies] Last: Welcome to the forum! And thank you for posting a clear description of... (by dhayden)
by Mif
Scroll bar on a static control..

Hi everyone, I have create a static control for my project and I need to put the scroll bars to it because I have too much data, lot's of images that would not...
[1 reply] : Does rich edit control support even images.. or just edit and read onl... (by Mif)
by Mif
I need help with Menu SDI..

In my SDI project I have a vast menu and I create a button named Close, so that the user can close all items static edit images etc. that appear after a menu i...
[2 replies] Last: Perfect... Thank you Thomas once again.. with this vector I saved almo... (by Mif)
What does it mean?

Hello, Is this default constructor? Thanks #include <iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; class myclass { int x; public: myc...
[1 reply] : No, that is copy initialization . https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/l... (by keskiverto)
by kruuth
String won't convert to negative float

Hi everyone. I'm trying to convert a string to a float but when I do it always goes positive. Right now someone types a string, and I check the first element ...
[9 replies] Last: Actually you were spot on. I didn't realize I was printing the wrong ... (by kruuth)
input validation

this works with numbers but how can i make it so, if a user enter a letter instead of a number it'll say INVALID my code rn just spams "its too low" to no e...
[2 replies] Last: Hello pnwadike99, Not enough code, but this can work. I am guessing ... (by Handy Andy)
by Tal69
Find a digit in a number

Write your question here. How can I find whether a digit is in a number? I want to get a number from the user and find out whether that number contains a s...
[7 replies] Last: you can also convert a string to a number :) (by jonnin)
char * input extraction and conversion

I am working on a class assignment requiring me to work with "time" elements as input by a user. What I want to do is get input from the user that looks l...
[3 replies] Last: the quick and dirty pointer code to do this (as per the assignment): ... (by jonnin)
How to access struct member from class constructor

Hey guys, I am trying to pass a struct from main function to a class constructor and want to access it. But it's not working. It's saying "error: invalid use of...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys. Now I start loving c++. So much flexibility :D (by DevilKnown)
July 2020 Pages: 1... 789101112
  Archived months: [jun2020] [aug2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.