Beginners - July 2020 (Page 12)

How text becomes executable - complier, linker

Hi, I have done a little c++ before, But I have never really progressed with it. So I have decided to give pluralsight a try, and the first thing it is teaching...
[1 reply] : I know you can have multiple cpp files, is one of those cpp files a s... (by helios)
Mathematical Order Confusion

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone can clarify a code for me. I'm trying to understand the order of operation as it's quite confusing me. The equation i...
[1 reply] : a / (r1 / r1 + a * r1 - a * r1) That will always give the answer: a. ... (by lastchance)
by sparki
Rendr function

Could someone please explain what's going on in this rendered background function? Really appreciate it. What are all the variables for?? Seems random to me. Th...
[4 replies] Last: I would do what I understand easily and work it up from there. lets s... (by jonnin)
Using sqrt() with arrays of vectors to determine magnitude

I need assistance. I am in intro to C++ and I'm writing a program that uses arrays to do vector math. My first function is a magnitude function. mag: var = (<a...
[7 replies] Last: OK, so there we go. The vectors ( BTW NOT STL <vector>'s) are positi... (by againtry)
(urgent) Two warning relating Initialization.

Hello Guys, I have been working on this problem, it has taken more than 2 days but I still couldn't figure out how can I fix this program. The problem is that W...
[7 replies] Last: Hello ColBosky, Sorry for the confusion. After i posted I loaded your... (by Handy Andy)
How do I read one column from a text file

My professor wants us to make a program that averages and sorts grades from students. But the way he wants it organized is very confusing to me. He requires the...
[5 replies] Last: out put the LOWEST SCORE IN CLASS, HIGHEST SCORE IN CLASS, and NUMBER... (by dhayden)
lvalue required as left operand of assignment

s is a string. (int)s =(int)s -32; on this line i get the error lvalue required as left operand of assignment. how can i fix this?
[1 reply] : Well cast expressions are r-values, so perhaps s =(int)s -32; ... (by salem c)
sort result is not what I thought

sort can enter lambda function to the 3rd parameter, but I don't know why below function will sort different than what I thought #include <iostream> #i...
[7 replies] Last: Not sure if that was a statement or another question, so I'll just add... (by Ganado)
by Mif
Can't see items in the listview

After creating the list view.. items are there i can select them but they have transparent brush or something like that.. and I only see a selection of that it...
[5 replies] Last: My resource.rc part for this code: . . .///////////////////////////... (by Mif)
Code for shortening a fraction + program stops for no reason.

Hello! I have been working on a program that can add two fractions together. But I have some trouble with my code and how to make a code that can shorten a frac...
[1 reply] : Geez... It's "numerator" and "denominator", FFS. You spelled each word... (by helios)
Initialization array of char in C

Hello, I want to initialization an array of char in C and I don't want to use a pointer. How can I fix it? Thanks Error in image: https://i.ibb.co/...
[2 replies] Last: In C++, apparently you need to specify the size of the array explicitl... (by Ganado)
Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong?

Need help understanding why the math is not outputting when I debug and I don't get any errors when I do so? #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using ...
[2 replies] Last: Gotcha once I switched it around I got it to work. I appreciate the he... (by somethingcool)
Help with circular buffer

I have been asked as an exercise to implement a circular buffer. I just need a bit of a hand understanding how they actually work. When data is written to the ...
[14 replies] Last: Thanks everyone for your help! I have written test program and ran thr... (by jamesfarrow)
by Ch1156
Why use copy constructors?

I bought a C++ course on Udemy, and have been brushing up on my C++ and learning all sorts of new things as well. But I dont understand copy constructors, mainl...
[10 replies] Last: Lets "inline" the function call: class T { // code }; int main() {... (by keskiverto)
sentinel controlled loop problem

Guys i need your help. When i enter sentinel value, why it still give output from else? Can you help me? Thank you. #include<iostream> using namespace std; ...
[5 replies] Last: #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { double engi... (by againtry)
by sturk
Compilation error

Hi, what kind of error is this(See below)? My code works, but I received this error which I have never seen before. Can anyone explain what this is and what I s...
[7 replies] Last: You still haven't posted the warning! Also, what compiler are you usi... (by dutch)
Program Hangs and does not output

Hello, my program does not output any output and hangs when I execute it. I have used the integrated VSCode debugger and it has given me a EXC_BAD_ACCESS error....
[4 replies] Last: Ranges take numbers in pairs. Keep low and high ends of the ranges r... (by lastchance)
July 2020 Pages: 1... 101112
  Archived months: [jun2020] [aug2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.