General C++ Programming - June 2020 (Page 4)

by zeelia
How to prevent the system using the same account and IC number

Hi My only problem here is to not make a duplicate account number with different detail. How can i do that ? #include<iostream> #include<fstream> #inclu...
[1 reply] : Hi My only problem here is to not make a duplicate account number wit... (by kbw)
Trying to convert data to an image

Good Afternoon. I've been trying to convert a hex string to a image for a while now. I found most of the conversion code on github, an I called it and was able ...
[1 reply] : first try saving it as a raw file (just an array of RGB pixels, one by... (by jonnin)
move assignment

template <typename Type> my_unique_ptr<Type>& my_unique_ptr<Type>::operator=(my_unique_ptr &&target){ if (raw_pointer == nullptr) delete raw_pointe...
[9 replies] Last: How to use code tags: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/ No... (by George P)
Hiring a C++ Programmer

I don't know where to post this but I'll post it here since everyone here must be a subject expert in this field. I am looking for a C++ expert to help out wi...
[4 replies] Last: There's no mods here. You can repost in the job section. (by zapshe)
Question regarding boost::serialization and placement new

Hey guys, The TL;DR is: How does load_construct_data from boost::serialization know how much memory to allocate for a class when loading through a pointer? ...
[2 replies] Last: For posterity, I have the answer: Detailed within the boost documenta... (by Aaron Vienneau)
Delete//Update row in csv file without rewriting it by using C++?

I am student of BSSE first year and we have project and am doing that. but our requirement that manipulate data using files, so i am using csv file. but the pr...
[3 replies] Last: databases under the hood use all kinds of different approaches. The ... (by jonnin)
Parsing Bytes with Varying Fields

I have a byte stream that represents a message in my application. There are 5 fields in the message for demonstration. The first byte in the stream indicates wh...
[6 replies] Last: @kbw I didn't know the variant/visit mechanism. I am going to check i... (by erdemtuna)
move assignment

[2 replies] Last: Performing a swap might result in memory leaks because a moved-from ob... (by mbozzi)
GCC build tools on Msys2/Mingw64 for the win32 api application building

How do we build by use of GCC build tools on Msys2/Mingw64 the win32 api requiring source code that lives in directories of Visual Studio
[1 reply] : MinGW includes its own copies of WinAPI headers. (by helios)
by volang
TCP/IP: Stop attacker without affecting others on same IP

If one person that's connected to my server, is running a multirequest script that reconnects and continues no matter what, how can I stop it without affecting...
[11 replies] Last: It's allright (by volang)
File operations (1,2)

Hi friends, my problem is only about file operations. When i type any file operation code, it doesn't create any text file or doesn't edit that i created manual...
[38 replies] Last: Yep, over-aggressive anti-virus can do some really nasty things. Glad... (by Ganado)
by tubar
How can be concentrated multiple lines of C++ code in only one? (1,2)

How can be concentrated multiple lines of C++ code in only one? I want to concentrate my C++ code in smaller space. Example 1: I want to put the follo...
[31 replies] Last: Two thoughts on this. First, whenever I need to examine code, the fir... (by dhayden)
by yin
merging programs??

So i have three ncurses programs (each one has a main, a cpp and a few header files and text files) and one oop (with text files and one main). This is the i...
[8 replies] Last: Regardless of how complicated the individual programs are, they will a... (by Ganado)
Template Casting (1,2)

Goodmorning to everyone, I'm facing a problem with templates, i need to compare a template with a type variable as follow in my code: enum class allo...
[34 replies] Last: Well i'll try the polymorphism way. If will not solve my problems i'll... (by AlessandroTZ)
move constructor

template <typename Type> my_unique_ptr<Type>::my_unique_ptr(my_unique_ptr<Type> && object) ////Move constructor that takes my_unique_ptr object and construct...
[2 replies] Last: my professor sample code on move constructor was something like this (by closed account jGAShbRD)
Read multiple text files bug

Hey, guys. Can u help me with the piece of code? So, I must read a text file that contains the name of CSV files that will be in the same folder called "data". ...
[8 replies] Last: I've just changed the objects trying to use STL Vector and it is still... (by DrakonzJG)
Error in code Insertion in the begining of list

This is the code for insertion in the beginning of the list. #include<iostream.h> #include<process.h> #include<conio.h> struct node { int info; node *next...
[1 reply] : The compiler is giving 1 error saying that there is an error at line ... (by lastchance)
operatiors

Dereference operator * that returns a reference to the item pointed by the object. Operator -> that returns the pointer to the object. It allows to use the my_...
[8 replies] Last: my_unique_ptr is a class template, so my_unique_ptr isn't a class in i... (by Ganado)
Can I have a template constructor inside a template class?

Hi, This does not compile but it should since other is an instance of a class template which inherits from CheckingPolicy<T2> template < typename ...
[1 reply] : One is a pointer to const and the other is a pointer to non-const. (by helios)
crossword puzzle generator (1,2)

Yes, there at time still a thread open at this topic, opened by @Merari http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/270089/#msg1163324 But its approach on how to so...
[22 replies] Last: Here a program version that pre-filters matching candidates. But it ne... (by nuderobmonkey)
June 2020 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [may2020] [jul2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.