Beginners - October 2020 (Page 9)

by BrianD
Strings and chars

Hi first of all I'd like to say I'm completely new to C++ in fact apart from very little pascal and tiny bit of assembler I did 30 years ago I'm pretty new full...
[7 replies] Last: @Andy "B" will work as answer = "You pressed the" + keypress;, but wh... (by seeplus)
Using current value

I wonder if it is at all possible to create a program in c ++ that will work based on the current value. For example: By changing the sound frequency measu...
[2 replies] Last: It's certainly possible in C++. Audio/signal processing isn't a part o... (by Ganado)
Holding Variable

OK I have tried this 100 different ways but I keep getting same result it is holding variable instead of clearing and let user re-enter new numbers for a new va...
[7 replies] Last: @Ganado, Thank you. I see your point now and realize I was looking at... (by Handy Andy)
by hbcpp
concept(std::bidirectional_iterator) not working

I am trying to implement C++20 concept in a std::list implementation of mine. Here is the simplified version of the code that will just highlight the part wher...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, I will take a look at them and get back to you (by hbcpp)
Struggling to understand what I would need to create a program with these requirements

I'm sorry im very new to programming and I know asking this will be bothersome. I was asked to create a program that has certain requirements. I'm not sure wha...
[3 replies] Last: Hello Swaggywhale, I found this useful for understanding how to use t... (by Handy Andy)
Dynamically create N objects of a class based on user input?

Hello everybody! I am new to this whole C++ thing and I have a (simple) question: Is it somehow possible to "dynamically" create objects of a class? So ...
[4 replies] Last: (When I first read "vector", I was still thinking about "euclidean ve... (by mbozzi)
by jax16
g

gfgd
[5 replies] Last: jax16, do NOT delete your posts. That is RUDE and trollishly selfish.... (by George P)
Telephone digit program

Hello, I need help with a homework assignment that I haven't bee bale to do for the past week. I need to be able to do a telephone digit program where I can co...
[10 replies] Last: @rovert456, I used your original code as a "template" for what I wrot... (by George P)
Writing functions with respect to its growth rate

I have put n= 100 in all the functions to note down the resultant value. Greater the value, greater its growth rate. Please correct me if I am using the right a...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=lost110]What if i have been given 10 functions and then I have ... (by lastchance)
by jax16
Vector & Array

I am wanting to make a list of names and other information. Then print them all out at the end. I am working with this code but can't seem to manipulate it the ...
[12 replies] Last: Thank yall, this helps (by jax16)
functions

Lads, need your help over here, beside all other tasks that works fine, it was given to write a code using a single function which has to sort in ascending orde...
[5 replies] Last: ad() can be simplified. Consider: #include <iostream> #include <cst... (by seeplus)
Function issue

Hello, I wrote a code in C++ that can encode and decode files. After that the programm have to check or numbers from the file are lychrel numbers. I used fun...
[5 replies] Last: What exactly do you mean by "doesn't work"? Look at this snippet: v... (by jlb)
adding a loop into a function and checking numbers

So I want to add my loop inside a function but I'm confused, is it right to place the variables localy inside the function or globally ? I just need to use them...
[5 replies] Last: Your code and solution is great!! , how ever I need to have a function... (by Leonardo797)
Function issues

First function output works but the rest all come up as 0 #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <cctype> using namespace std; const double PI = 3...
[2 replies] Last: Hello Conno72, PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting butto... (by Handy Andy)
getting last input

Hi i'm trying to get the first/last read input using 1 variable that accepts data if the user inputs the first input as 1 that data gets saved in the first va...
[4 replies] Last: A more useful question would have been to ask what you actually wanted... (by Repeater)
by Daerk
Difficulty applying exception classes

According to this exercise based on exception handling, Write a program that prompts the user to enter time in 12:00:00AM thru 11:59:59PM (12-hour notation). T...
[2 replies] Last: For a simple example of defining and using an exception class, conside... (by seeplus)
streams - text stream

Hi, I am learning about streams and I/O, and my book says that with text streams some character translations can take place. ie - the newline character may be c...
[2 replies] Last: CR/LF codes are an anachronism. The first terminals were teletype mac... (by mbozzi)
no match for operator++ error in struct

Hello, Im trying to call a function from my .h file, but i got an "no match for operator++" error. Here's where the error occured : AddMinute(++T1, 1)...
[1 reply] : you do not have operator ++ on your 'time' struct, but you attempt ++T... (by jonnin)
by maulk
Tic tac toe

DELETED.
[4 replies] Last: here's one I prepared earlier (about 8 years..): #include <unordere... (by seeplus)
New to coding but Geany is isn’t compiling this what do I do wrong?

Question: Write a loop that will continuously input and print the first names of contest participants until QUIT is entered in place of the name. #include <i...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() { for (std::strin... (by seeplus)
October 2020 Pages: 1... 7891011... 13
  Archived months: [sep2020] [nov2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.