Beginners - January 2020 (Page 8)

by newGrl
pulling my hair out over errors - help!

Hello, I'm working on a program for school and I'm getting these errors and I'm stuck. Line 23 gives an error saying "no matching function for call to ‘s...
[4 replies] Last: @OP, strings are better but stay cool because most C++ courses include... (by againtry)
Need some answers before starting with C++

Hello everyone, First at all, sorry for my english... but I'm doing my best. I'm Marco, and new here, and I gone need a lot of help, for something very specia...
[9 replies] Last: [quote=dutch]BTW, for 8 million lines of code, transcoding 1000 lines ... (by TheIdeasMan)
by vysero
Refactoring some messy logic

I would be interested to know how some of you more experianced programers might refactor this code: if(control.enabled) { if(control.down) { themeMan...
[1 reply] : Just reformatting, no change in what you've done. if (control.enabled... (by kbw)
Can anybody help me out?

Given an array of n integers, we need to find no of subsets of size k where sum of elements in each choosen subset is divisible by m. n,m,k =>3,3,2 Arr...
[2 replies] Last: @Nico Sorry for inconvenience. cnt and MOD are defined globally cnt=... (by SparkXV)
How do I find the null character (\0) in an array string

How do I find the null character (\0) in an array string that a user types in? I need this information to make a function that shows the number of characters in...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you, everyone! Especially @nuderobmonkey! (by aardalde)
classes: Player, Batsman and Bowler, where Player should be base class and Batsman and Bowler should be its derived classes

concept of Polymorphism to generate the sample output Use following formulas to calculate Batting and Bowling average of batsman and bowler, where Total Inni...
[2 replies] Last: Roughly, as a start you could have, just as your heading states : Pl... (by againtry)
Need help with writing content of file to vector using new() and inheritance

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <fstream> #include <algorithm> using namespace std; class Course { public:...
[2 replies] Last: Since you completely ignored my question about your class design in yo... (by MikeyBoy)
FOR loop issues

Hello all, I need some slight assistance on understanding why and how my program is one answer short of the right one I need. I know that may not make much sens...
[7 replies] Last: @Aysulu, you can come out of the naughty box. BTW a budding programme... (by againtry)
Classes and Objects Assignment

Hello, I need help with this assignement. What I have below is all i know. I'm a beginner For this assignment you will write a class called Dog that has t...
[10 replies] Last: aunty Gladys keskiverto strikes again with irrelevant nit-picking :) (by againtry)
by HJ3475
Program failed, syntax error.

Hi guys, can you please help me to find the error? I´m working with the latest version of Geany and I actually don´t know how to find my mistake. Thank you ...
[4 replies] Last: > I actually don´t know how to find my mistake. start by reading the... (by ne555)
by bhaci
Question

Hello everyone. I have a question and I do not know how to solve. Think a string like {11111144444445555555556666666} and I want output as {61749576} (6 times ...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=bhaci]I got a error like to_string was not declared in scope ... (by lastchance)
Need help creating a conversion function

So i have the following classes: class Person { public: Person(string n, int a) { name = n; age = a; } private: string name; int ...
[2 replies] Last: Hello underfree22, Jonnin has said most of what I would have said. ... (by Handy Andy)
Visual studio help

Not really the right place to ask this, I know, but hoping someone could help as I have no where else to turn to. I need to make an application, and it is my fi...
[5 replies] Last: Easiest way to create an empty (no generic source code generated) proj... (by George P)
by bhaci
Function error

Hello everyone,I got incorrect result with this function. Could you help me? int reverseTheNumber(int number) { int rem; int rnum; while...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the help! I will use this function to find sheldon's perfec... (by bhaci)
if loop with multiple conditions WORKING

i was writing a pid code for arduino line follower suppose an array: 1,0,1,1 //suppose input from ir sensor array and an if statement if(a ==1 && a ==1 ...
[2 replies] Last: It will check all conditions but convince yourself: #include <iostr... (by againtry)
linked list and pointers

Hello everybody. I did not understand why double pointer is used(pointer to pointer) in function arg and *head_ref used and &head in function call parameters. p...
[4 replies] Last: thank you so much (by Beginner of C)
Code only prints last line to external file

I've been trying to get a code that will write permutations to an external file. I found a code online that does the permutations and outputs them all, but when...
[5 replies] Last: I guess they are permutations since you consider "ab" and "ba" to be d... (by dutch)
C++ code for printing

Hello, I'm looking, and I haven't been successful, to be able to print (from an actual printer) a .txt file, using notepad. Any direction given towards...
[3 replies] Last: lastchance, ty. worked like a dream. i do appreciate it. (by airborne2974)
expected unqualified-id

When I try to compile this code.. #include <string> #include <vector> #include <memory> struct Time { int duration; virtual std::string operato...
[3 replies] Last: "expected unqualified-id" is just complaining about a missing name bet... (by dutch)
Classes and objects

I need help with this assignment here. The code below is all i have so far and I'm stuck. For this assignment you will write a class called Dog that has the f...
[3 replies] Last: This would be strange if you didn't know how to do this. I assume your... (by H00G0)
January 2020 Pages: 1... 678910... 12
  Archived months: [dec2019] [feb2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.