Is it a trap???

Pages: 123
Hi, chrisname!
This is twicker, the admin of cplusplus.com
I've just received a shipment of brand new c++-themed T-shirts.
I'm sending them for free to some of the most active and helpful forum users, like you, as a sign of appreciation for your valuable participation in this website.
If you want one, please reply with a physical address where I can send it to you by mail.
If you want more for some friend or yourself, just let me know it, especially if he/she has a special size (like XXL or S) - I have less units of these.

These T-shirts are not for sale, and can exclusively be obtained by being an appreciated member of the cplusplus.com community.

I really want a T-shirt. This just seems like a cruel joke, i.e. I give him my address -> he sends Mormons and Huggies to my house -> I feel like a fool.

I know Twicker is the admin, but really, this seems too good to be true.

Free t-shirts? And better yet, I can strut around proving what a geek I am? That's just too much win to be real.

Oh and I don't fancy the shipment charges from the USA - England, Lithuania, Slovenia, Argentina, et al...
Last edited on
I received that too. I also gave my address. Hope not to see a murderer knocking at my door...
Yeah I recieved one too... Either forum members are about to be killed off or we'll be sporting some C++ gear :). I'll be sending my address juuuust in case.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
I didn't recieve one. T.T
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I didn't recieve one.

...be obtained by being an appreciated member...

;0)
Sweet.
Last edited on
I got one too,

No address, I don't think the parents would be too pleased if a shirt just showed up at the door.
Hm. I asked mine... personally I think they're being stupid but they said no. However I have a cunning plot to ask my friend if I can give Twicker his address, and ask Twicker for two shirts (he said you could have > 1) and then let my friend keep one. Obviously I'll ask my friend first.
You can always use a PO box.

Yet another problem that could be easily solved with teleportation, the ability to fly, or high explosives.
The funny thing is that no one else besides us programmers understands our jokes.
Yet another problem that could be easily solved with teleportation [or] the ability to fly

Maybe that Boost library can do it? It can do everything else...
high explosives.
#include <carbon_hydroxide>
#include <nitrogen_oxide> 
Last edited on
Maybe that Boost library can do it? It can do everything else...
You need C++0x new features:
#include <iostream>
#include <new_feature>
using std::fly;
using std::teleport;

int main()
{
    if ( teleport ( twicker.t-shirt ) >> me || ( fly && get ( twicker.t-shirt ) )
    {
         my.t-shirt = C++;
         return 0;
    }
    std::cerr << "twicker really sent a murderer!";
    return 0xDEAD;
}
Lol, "0xDEAD".
Guess only time will tell - As long as the package contains a t-shirt I'm wrapped. But if its a knife with blood or a dead animal... I think I'm going to have to change addresses and get on the run :P
Nah it'll be a piece of paper with the words "7 days..." on it xD
Back on the subject:
I sent another PM to twicker with a link to this thread, hopefully he will explain more.
Oh, ok.
Hi
I'll decide between a t-shirt and a bloody ritual depending on who asks for one...
BTW, The offer is true. Shipment worldwide included in the price!
These t-shirts are exclusive and limited. So... act while they last!

PS: computerquip, I wonder how are you supposed to be contacted...
:)

I'm not sure, the bloody ritual sounds pretty good too.
I don't think there's much to fear from people knowing your address..

(Unless you have outstanding arrest warrants or are on the run from the mafia or something.)
Pages: 123