General C++ Programming - September 2020 (Page 4)

C++ coding

int x = 6; int y = 10; bool is_small = false; char reply ='y'; double temp = 35.0; What do the following boolean expressions evaluate to ? !is_small || ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you!!! (by vaturogo)
Zoom tutoring for a project(I'm willing to pay for time)I am not looking for answers! I generally wanna learn

Create a program that will display the following patterns on the console. Create a function for each operation. See the file towerdata.dat for the only allowab...
[1 reply] : try the decimal to binary. there are a couple of ways to do it.. you ... (by jonnin)
by rnima
Equivalent of to_string() in c++

So I have finished the assignment however, I can't seem to wrap my head around another equivalent in c++ for to_string() inside string convertInteger(long n, ...
[6 replies] Last: This is not a bad place for DIY code. The built in number to string... (by jonnin)
by TVER
If not now - when?

Hi, Any ideas on how to write the saying "If Not Now - When?" in C++ code? /Thomas
[8 replies] Last: So Now() implies Never()? Surely Now() would imply Now(), and perhaps ... (by helios)
Please help! How do I code this?

New to c++ and need help. please help me out! PART II: Read a file, input the data to a two-dimensional matrix ----------------------------------------------...
[4 replies] Last: I need someone to help show the code please! to show the code, jus... (by jonnin)
by Duffka
How to have Makefile read other extensions as .cpp

this question seems odd but dont ask i dont have any program so i can give source code im just wondering and curious is there any way for my gnu Makefile to n...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=all knowing_all seeing_internet]https://makefiletutorial.com/ h... (by George P)
by dman25
Error when deleting object holding reference

I have two classes. Class Root and class Other. An object of Root is created and this object holds an array where you can store objects of class Other. Root obj...
[8 replies] Last: not the same: vector<int> vs vector<Other> read the compiler message... (by ne555)
Code not working and I'm unsure why

My code isnt working and I dont know why. Error messages on lines 9, 11, 15, 20, 21, and 21. Code: 1 #include <iostream> 2 #include <string> 3 4 5 ...
[1 reply] : You are leaving a space in some of your variables. Example: ... (by chicofeo)
How to add a method to 2 classes by using templates?

I have 2 very simple classes and both need to perform a canDelete() method. How can I "insert" such method so I only define it once and also without the overhea...
[4 replies] Last: I created a RefIntegrityManager class with a canDelete template method... (by JUANDENT)
by MaRahl
Translation from python to c++

I have a question about translating code from python to C++. I translated a program in C++ and ckecked it 10 times. What should I do if everything is correct sy...
[13 replies] Last: in a game of raquetball both players start at 0 points the player ... (by ne555)
GUI applications (1,2)

Hi, Total noob question here, so I do apologise. So, a lot of tutorials online show the presenter using Visual Studio.(Often Community but also sometimes ...
[23 replies] Last: I try to avoid using the 'Universal Windows Platform" dreck. Mostly f... (by George P)
Need help on combining 2 programs can you please combine these

So I need help on merging a program that finds perfect numbers and one that displays deficient numbers in a given range. Can anybody help me? This is the sou...
[5 replies] Last: Consider: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cmath> us... (by seeplus)
Trying to pass a form by reference to a function

Hi. I am trying to pass a Form to a function that will change the forms Appearance. code: void ChangeBackground(Form sld,String ^pict) { sld.BackgroundI...
[2 replies] Last: How do i pass slide1 to Function ChangeBackground() ? The same way y... (by andywestken)
File storage issue

I'm trying to dump a file that is stored at a place in memory with 41mb's in file size. Any idea's how to dump a file that is stored in memory at a place in co...
[16 replies] Last: most don't even give a good answer because they cant. How true is th... (by againtry)
by rnima
How to create a default size array (1,2)

So my whole program works but I am beating my head on something that should be really easy. I need my program to create a default array of size 5, when the user...
[20 replies] Last: #ifndef ARRAY_H #define ARRAY_H using namespace std; #include <io... (by againtry)
.FromFile won't take string variable as argument.

Hi. I am trying to change the background image of a form control passing a string variable instead of a litteral string. Is this possible at all ? the code i...
[9 replies] Last: Found the solution myself. This doesn't work: slide1.BackgroundImage... (by Razorhead69)
September 2020 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [aug2020] [oct2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.