Any crackshot programmers out there?

Hey yall. Trying to teach myself C++ using the book "Programming and Problem Solving With C++" (5th ed.) by: Nell Dale and Chip Weems... and it's no cake walk. I have a new found respect for programmers and programming in general. Anyway, if any of yall can help me figure out the coding for this, I'd be in your debt.

p. 180
3.) Write a C++ program that computes and outputs the mean and standard deviation of a set of four integer values that are input by the user. The mean is the sum of the four values divided by 4, and the formula for the standard deviation is:

n
s= E (x - x)^2
i=1
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
n - 1

(The 'E' stands for the Sigma symbol (summation). For the 1st 'x', there should be an 'i' as a subscript. For the 2nd 'x', it is supposed to be an x-overbar: The overline is used to indicate a sample mean. The entire equation (after s=) should be housed under a big square root symbol. Treat the division sign(s) as a simple division line. The 'n' should be directly over the 'E' and the i=1 should be directly under the 'E' (Sigma).

Thanx Yall,
-Brooks
Last edited on
Sounds pretty straightforward to me. Where do you need help? Just show us what you have so far (use code tags to show the code nicely formatted, please) and tell us exactly what is going wrong or just plain not there and we will throw ideas at you.
Why would you need a crackshot "as you call it" programmer to do it. :)
I'm a crackpot programmer if that's any help.
@cnoeval: If this were Facebook, I would 'Like' your reply.
If this were Facebook, I wouldn't be here in the first place. I hate Facebook! :-P
Lol! Amen. It is so pointless, but yet somehow I still end up getting on it... :/
closed account (z05DSL3A)
m4ster r0shi wrote:
Please, don't double post
What is the problem with asking the same question on different sites?
Normally, nothing. But this kind of threads does nothing but pollute the forum thread
index. If you are told to try and solve a problem yourself on one site, it's very unlikely
you'll get a complete solution (which is what the OP probably wants) on another.

Also, I thought it was funny to create an infinite link chain between the two sites xD
Last edited on
Its kind of funny.. but OP would be scared to ask anything in future and may feel bad about this forum.

btowne2:

If you are reading this... Instead of writing pure problems, post solutions you have tried and everyone will help you instead. :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.