Pixel Art

So, quick Q. How would I use Pixel Art in Visual Studio 2019? I would just want to do a few Animations and maybe a short game, but it is currently beyond my knowledge (If this is in the wrong section tell me!).
tell us more. is pixel art a library for windows? Does it come with examples?
HypeCoderPanda,
I'd put this in the Lounge if I were you, it seems more like a Lounge-related topic than a General Programming topic.
If you're focus is Gamedev I would recommend you look up a framework such as SFML or Raylib. These frameworks allow you to load textures, handle input, create a window, etc...

SFML is a little bit easier to add to your project than Raylib. However, raylib I think might be easier to use in the long run since it's purpose is to be more beginner friendly.

There's also SDL2 but I think that for a beginner might be a little tough, I started out using SDL2 and it was hard but ultimately I did learn a lot from it regardless...
Panda, your question is fine here, it's just that the answer is a lot broader than you might expect.
- The actual pixel art, you would make that in some art application like Photoshop, GIMP, etc.
- You need a windowing system that can render something to the screen, and handles user mouse/keyboard input.
- You need a graphics library that can actually draw the pixel art to the screen, and update each frame of your animation/game.

I am not familiar with Raylib, but I can agree with Brian that SFML is pretty easy to set up for a beginner, and uses a clean object-oriented design. SFML handles the latter two parts I mentioned; you still of course need some way to make that pixel art in the first place, so an artistic flair is required as well.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.