problem including files or building

Hello,

I have recently run into a problem regarding including files or building project in cpp.
To try and solve this problem, i created a basic program to simulate the configuration, and i indeed cannot make it work.

Here is a picture of the 3 files : test.cpp (including main), include.h, include.cpp

https://ibb.co/wpv1tmR

Please let me know if there is a better way of integrating images.

You can notice some code in comments. I have let them as is : any of the two commented parts work, but this is not how I want it to be in the end of course.

You can see that no error is detected, but the build exited with :

undefined reference to `include::print()'

I have seen several post regardind this problem and nothing solved my issue.

Thanks in advance,

PY
What compiler are you using? Have you configured this to include test.cpp and include.cpp units in the compilation?
I am using vs code on ubuntu. I have not done any special configuration and it used to work : in theroy, you open the folderin visual studio and it is able to find the files himself (i'm not sure what it does exactly).

I have indeed a launch.json that vs code generated and could maybe force the files but i have no clue how (that is what i am looking for now).

I have had similar configuration in the past and it worked just fine without me doing anything special to include the files. Now that it seems that i need to do it manually, i struggle to find how.

Thanks !
I have to add that i can compile everything using gcc directly on the terminal. So it really looks like my vs configuration is wrong. I tested several changes but nothing seems to work.

I have reinstalled cpp extension, added a few other cpp extension and tested them one by one but it didn't work either.

When i run, it says (as you can see in the first pic) :
> Executing task: C/C++: g++ build active file

The "active file" makes me worried about vs code being set to run the selected code only.

For now, i will compile directly with gcc but it's a pain because i'm new to cpp so I make a lot of mistakes and having to compile manually before running makes me loosing much time.

Thanks again !
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.