Emergency

Hello,

I need help for a project about developing a card game (blackjack). Could someone please help?
what kind of help? To get help, ask a question and post the code that is giving you trouble, or if you need design help, ask for that.. if by help you mean 'do my homework for me' then no, most of us won't do that, but if you want legit help, tell us what you need.
Well first understand the rules...

Second, are you just writing a program to let some players play against each other with the program just dealing the cards - or is the program also going to act as the dealer and play?
Search the forum for "blackjack." The problem comes up often. Some issues to consider:
- How will you represent a card?
- How will you represent a player's hand?
- How will you represent the deck? (hint: the deck is basically a big hand of cards, so you can use the same class to represent a hand and a deck).
- How will you determine the numeric score of a hand? Once you can determine the score, comparing hands is easy.
- Do you need to handle the winnings of the players, or just determine who wins?

Post the text of the assignment. We can offer much better advice when we know exactly what you need to do. Also, we might see potential pitfalls that you don't notice until you're way into the code.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.