switch between text mode and graphics mode

hello , i have an trouble in switching between graphics mode and text mode
i have an interface by using graphics mode and when you press in a key of it
will transfer to a window by text mode when this operation occur the dimension of
the second window is loosed or decrees (text widow)
please i want a solution
hello ther I wud lov 2 hlep u butt i don now wat u meen reaaly, soryr
i have a clinic system project , there is main menu is done by using graphics mode , it consists of many element such as
PATIENT
my question when you press on PATIENT, there is window is done by text mode this window
its dimension is disappeared

You mean you want to display a console window?

I'm not really sure how you can do that, but I'd recommend you just print the text in the window.
my question like this

I am writing a graphics application in Turbo C under DOS.In my application there are a number of captions and against each caption there are to be text box like windows to enter text and other information as follows:

Name : <Name Text Box>

All this i am keeping in a reactangle ie. the main window. To write the captions i have used the outtextxy() function.For the text boxes i intend to use the window() function defined in conio.h.But to use the window function u have to switch from graphics mode to text mode ,and upon switching from graphics mode to text mode all the graphics disappear ie.the outline rectangle of my main window disappear. Is there any way around this problem? Can't we work in graphics mode and text mode at the same time without loosing the work already done?
Can you post your code?
Switching video modes in DOS using interupts will reset the video memory. You can't just switch between them. You could save a buffer of the previous screen and then replace it later, though.

I think the text mode video memory (in mode 3h) is at address B800:0000h where each character is stored as two bytes: an ASCII character and a color. Since DOS doesn't protect video memory like newer protected mode operating systems you can read/write directly to it. Depending on the graphics mode that you are using, you can also find the video memory for it.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.