Beginners - July 2021 (Page 7)

Questions about isolating each function for Unit Test

Hi, I am currently creating some unit test for my C code with google test (test case written in C++), but I have some trouble in implementing it. Sorry if my qu...
[1 reply] : As I understand it, Mock provide place holders for objects, but you do... (by kbw)
Clock display stops when watering function runs.

Hi, absolute beginner here. I'm building a automated irrigation system using these parts: Arduino Uno DS1307RTC Grove Capacitive Soil Moisture Sensor 2x ...
[3 replies] Last: You're got a clock - so just check for the time to turn on and the tim... (by seeplus)
LNK2019 errors in Driver.cpp (1,2)

The purpose of this assignment is to implement an ArrayDictionary.h file. Which is an array-based implementation of the ADT dictionary that organizes its data i...
[31 replies] Last: If the error only refers to ::add() and not also to ::getValue(), then... (by seeplus)
Odd behavior with initilization.

I am trying to have id1 be one step ahead of count(number-wise). I was trying to accomplish this with the prefix version of the increment operator, but this pro...
[2 replies] Last: There is a difference between pre-inc and post-inc (same for pre-dec a... (by seeplus)
Trouble initilizing variable within constructor.

Main file: #include <iostream> #include "Count.h" using namespace std; int main() { Count test1; test1.information(); return 0; } ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you both for your replies. (by BroBuilder)
Card Shuffling and Dealing Simulation

In my reference book i studied the sample program in which the problem is that Write a program to randomly shuffle the deck of cards and to deal it out. Some F...
[5 replies] Last: Based upon original code perhaps: #include <iostream> #include <cst... (by seeplus)
operators in c++

I want to learn c++ through practicing and i am researching on operators of c++. Kindly tell me that ! has higher precedence than relational operators or relati...
[12 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "... (by againtry)
boost serialization preperation

hello again, I've been working on this piece of code for a while with the help of people on here, and I am now wanting to include boost serialization into this ...
[2 replies] Last: i tried using this on a previous version also try { st... (by JackLadYT)
Help with input validation

So I've got this whole program working but basically I need to insert something in the code that says after three attempts at putting an invalid answer (anythin...
[2 replies] Last: Perhaps: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cctype> v... (by seeplus)
Finding the smallest value in two arrays related

Hello everyone, I have a small question. I have two vectors as follows: A=[3 0 0 7] B=[5 3 8 9] I need to find the index of the smallest values of A whic...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you so much everyone . Thank you so much @lastchance @seeplus fo... (by learner999)
by Kyang
Selection sort by last name

Hello, I am working on an assignment that requires me to sort an a vector of names in alphabetical order using the last name. I don't know how to do that when t...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, that worked perfect. (by Kyang)
by Kyang
Selection sort in alphabetical order not sorting

Hello, I am working on an assignment where we need to sort a list of names and corresponding grades into alphabetical order, but my code is not sorting. The inp...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you, that worked! (by Kyang)
July 2021 Pages: 1... 567
  Archived months: [jun2021] [aug2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.