SFML CANNOT FIND -LSFMLxxxx

Hi guys!
I'm trying to use SFML to make a program.
However I couldn't set up the SFML successfully.
This situation drives me crazy.
I'm using code blocks as my IDE but whenever I try to test if I successfully set it up, the code block just constantly showing "cannot find -lsfml-xxx-d".
I tried to use visual studio before and the result is pretty much alike.
I've check the linker settings for thousand times but I can't tell any mistakes.
Can someone help me?
Thanks!
Last edited on
Assuming you're following this to some degree: https://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.5/start-cb.php

If it's complaining about not being able to find the the library files you're linking to, then perhaps you don't have the Linker search directory set correctly.
Where are the "libsfml-*-d.a" files that have been built? Make sure they exist and are in the directory you expect. Tell us the absolute directory.

Then, under Project Build options --> Search directories --> Linker, add the absolute path to the folder that contains the .a files. You can also open the code blocks project file (.cdp) in a program like notepad++, and you'll see XML that can paste here, which will show us how your project is set up.

Edit: I notice something odd here. Your title is using -I (capital I as in eye). But your error message is referring to the individual libraries you're linking to (prefix is a lowercase l (el) for each library). Perhaps you are confusing these somewhere within your settings. Regardless, you should show either screenshots of your project configuration, or show the XML for your cdp file.

Edit 2: You later changed your title but it still doesn't make sense
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.