Complier Error Help

Im trying to build this program for class but CLion gives me this error.

/Applications/CLion.app/Contents/bin/cmake/mac/bin/cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -G "CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles" "/Users/juliandolby/Desktop/School/Spring 2021/CSIS223/CSIS223Dolby,Julian/CircleClass"
-- The C compiler identification is unknown
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc - broken
CMake Error at /Applications/CLion.app/Contents/bin/cmake/mac/share/cmake-3.17/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:60 (message):
The C compiler
"/usr/bin/cc"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: /Users/juliandolby/Desktop/School/Spring 2021/CSIS223/CSIS223Dolby,Julian/CircleClass/cmake-build-debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):/usr/bin/make cmTC_82ce6/fast && xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

I've tried downloading Visual Studio Code to use that because i cant figure out this issue and i cant get visual studio to work eaither any help on this would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Last edited on
You could invoke the compiler manually.

cpp -O3 file1.cpp file2.cpp file3.cpp -o output
I don't know what that means im sorry this is only my second semester of programming i already tried deleting CLion and reinstalling hoping that would reset it but it did not if i deleted my os and installed a new version of it and redownload it would that fix it?
Actually, reading more carefully it's obvious there's some configuration issue in your system, so you probably wouldn't have been able to run the compiler manually anyway.
Sorry, I can't help you with this. I don't run MacOS. Did you change anything recently? Move system files around or something?
Alright, I just got done reinstalling my OS so hopefully that fill fix it I'm downloading CLion now.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.