Need Help For An Assignment, really new to c++

Hey Guys I was wondering if anyone in this forum can help me with this assignment. I'm new to C++ and would love to learn more about it. Here's the assignment:
1. Create a variable to hold the date, ask the user for it and store it in the created variable called DATE.
2. Ask the user for the temperature in Celsius, store the result in a variable called CELSIUS. Use the formula (9/5)*CELSIUS+32 to get the Fahrenheit temperature and store is in a variable called FAHRENHEIT.
3. Find the value of 2^8 and store it in a variable called POWERTEST.
4. Let test1 = 97 and test2 = 90.102 and find the average, store it in a variable called AVERAGE, output it correctly to two decimal places.
5. If A = 4 and B = 3 use the formula to find C (the hypotenuse of the triangle).
6. Ask the user for their full name; store it in a variable called FULLNAME.
7. Ask the user for their name and age, output their name and age in one line.
8. Ask the user for their favorite letter, output one letter past that (so if they tell you 'b', you should output 'c').
If anyone can help that'd be appreciated, can't find it anywhere online.
What part are you having difficulty with? What have you attempted so far - post your current code.

Each of these bears no relation to each other - they are all separate requirements. One program??

3) 256
4) 93.55
5) 5

Don't require any code for these.
Please note that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homework for you. The purpose of homework is that you learn by doing. However we are always willing to help solve problems you encountered, correct mistakes you made in your code and answer your questions.

We didn't see your attempts to solve this problem yourself and so we cannot correct mistakes you didn't made and answer questions you didn't ask. To get help you should do something yourself and get real problems with something. If your problem is "I don't understand a thing", then you should go back to basics and study again.

"Ask the user" and "output" are basic I/O. See http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/basic_io/
Hello RubixIsCubed,

Hey Guys I was wondering if anyone in this forum can help me with this assignment. I'm new to C++ and would love to
learn more about it. Here's the assignment:

1. Create a variable to hold the date, ask the user for it and store it in the created variable called DATE.

2. Ask the user for the temperature in Celsius, store the result in a variable called CELSIUS. Use the formula (9/5)*CELSIUS+32 to get the Fahrenheit temperature and store is in a variable called FAHRENHEIT.

3. Find the value of 2^8 and store it in a variable called POWERTEST.

4. Let test1 = 97 and test2 = 90.102 and find the average, store it in a variable called AVERAGE, output it correctly to two decimal places.

5. If A = 4 and B = 3 use the formula to find C (the hypotenuse of the triangle).

6. Ask the user for their full name; store it in a variable called FULLNAME.

7. Ask the user for their name and age, output their name and age in one line.

8. Ask the user for their favorite letter, output one letter past that (so if they tell you 'b', you should output 'c').

If anyone can help that'd be appreciated, can't find it anywhere online.

The best place to start is with #1.

You could think of the program as having 2 sections. First to get the input and second for the output.

Write the code for step 1, compile often and test to see if it is what you want.

If you have a problem post the code that you have and describe what is wrong. Post the complete error statement the compiler produces, so it can be explained, if needed, and to show what you did.

Starting with the date you can create this variable and then create the other variables as you proceed.

Andy
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.