prime numbers 1-100

I am trying to write a program to print the prime numbers between 1 and 100. Obviusly I am trying with the wrong logic but I can not find the way to fix it. Could someone please help me with it please?

#include <iostream>
#include <cmath>

using namespace std;

void prime();

int main(){
    cout << "Prime numbers: " << endl;
    prime();
}
void prime(){
  for(int number{1}; number <=100; number++){
    for(int i{2}; i<=sqrt(number); i++){
        if(number % i != 0){
            cout << number << endl;
        }
    }
}
}
if(number % i != 0) {
  cout << number << endl;
}

This is where you went wrong. You only are testing one of the possible divisors, instead of all of them, before you cout. I suggest separating the function that determines whether a number is prime from the code that outputs the first 100 primes.
Thank you. I had to count the number of the divisors. It is prime if it has 0 divisor between 2 and the sqrt of the number.

#include <iostream>
#include <cmath>

using namespace std;

void prime();

int main(){
    cout << "Prime numbers: " << endl;
    prime();
}
void prime(){
  for(int number{1}; number <=100; number++){
    int counter{0};
    for(int i{2}; i<=sqrt(number); i++){
        if(number % i == 0){
            counter++;
        }
    }
    if(counter==0){
        cout << number << endl;
    }
  }
}
👌 noice.
Something like this would be best done using templates and recursive metaprogramming at compile time. Especially when the number of primes you want to print is a compile-time constant.
If I want to do it with recursive can I do it with the same logic like I used above? Is it possible to change the nested for function to recursive?
Something like this would be best done using templates and recursive metaprogramming at compile time. Especially when the number of primes you want to print is a compile-time constant.

Just make a const array table of them if you only want 100. There isnt any computation, recursion, etc. needed here. I would even argue that up to 1 million or so in a header file of a const table is fine. The path of least resistance is your friend.

recursion and loops are pretty much interchangeable with a lot of hand waving. I don't know if its been proven 100% but to date no problem has been presented that can't be written as a loop+extras that can be written recursively.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.