C++ Obfuscation

Hi everyone, I have created a program to search for strings in certain txt files. The .exe would like to put it public but I don't want people to be able to decompile it to take the strings inside. I tried to decompile it with a free program and without obfuscation the strings are found very easily.
Searching the web I have not found any tool that allows me to obfuscate it (I have found only for programs written in C #) and I would not know where to look anymore. Can you help me?
Thanks
Unless you are very careful to never let your undecrypted strings be found in unsecured memory, you really can't stop casual users from finding them.

A more determined user can find them anyway.

Unless you have a _really_ good reason (ie national security or the like), it is unlikely to be worth your time trying too hard.

Just encrypt the source strings using an XOR+ cipher or something, then decrypt them when you need them and zero the decrypted memory when you are done.

Also, stay away from std::string unless you want to write your own allocator -- use a stringview instead, where needed.

Good luck!
If you are really paranoid, you can encrypt the incoming text file and compare its contents to your encrypted strings looking for the match. This unfortunately needs an encryption that will work no matter where that string is in the file, so it will not be a super strong encryption, but it will prevent having the data in memory and the strings will not be in your program code in a sensible format.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.