What is the definition of an Native Android App?

Background: I've been learning and developing Android apps with Android SDK using Java for more than two years now. I haven't found myself needing to use C/C++ lib for my projects (yet). As I'm applying to jobs and contract roles, I came across the term "Native Android Application" multiple times and I found myself unsure if I'm qualified. I've been searching the web for the exact definition, but the following definitions is confusing to me and I hope someone can clarify the term once and for all:

Definition A: "Native Apps" vs "Web Apps", as in a Native Android App is built using the Android SDK with Java (or now Kotlin) and a Native iOS App for is built using xCode with Objective-C or Swift https://www.myprepaidcenter.pro
Last edited on
You seem off base. Native vs web has to do with how its designed/installed. A native app is an app for a certain mobile device (smartphone, tablet, etc.) They’re installed directly onto the device.

To your second part. You can develop native Android apps in Java, Kotlin, and C++. Or any of their (Google's) proprietary design tools (SDK, Firebase, Jetpack, etc).

Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.