Windows Programming - March 2021

CLN not getting recognized

I have installed (?) CLN using cygwin which had a few packages for it. But I ran an example code from the CLN examples folder and it gives a fatal error saying ...
[1 reply] : Is this your first time trying to use a library? Add the location of ... (by Ganado)
ACCESS_VIOLATION debugging with GCC

Good day! I am new to C++, currently I am using GCC 10.2.0-1 from MSYS2 on Windows. I am compiling & running my little programs from console. Sometimes hap...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks! GDB did the job. It is not in default MSYS2 installation, but ... (by Satoshi Yoda)
Unresolved External Symbol

I am getting a linker error message I don't understand >MSVCRT.lib(exe_main.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function "...
[1 reply] : It's likely one of - you provided a WinMain() as if you were writing... (by salem c)
WinMain Issue

Just updated my Visual Studio To 2019 version. Getting an error message "Inconsistent annotation for WinMain". What does this mean and what setting in the env...
[1 reply] : You can either ignore the message -- it should be a warning, not an er... (by George P)
Need Help With Programming Assignment

#include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; float CalstdDeviation(float StoreArr ); int main() { int i; float StoreArr ; c...
[1 reply] : Do not double post. Stick to your previous thread: https://cplusplus.c... (by Ganado)
Dirent.h problem (the program crashes while trying to read the directory)

i want to make a program that gets all the folders and subfolerds from the D: directory ,but the program stops at around 32 000 files read and i dont know why ,...
[6 replies] Last: Looks to be something for Linux only: https://www.systutorials.com/doc... (by George P)
by FORK1
Do i need an overloading

plz I need a help i've tryed to instantiate two objects it show me this error do i need an overlodind and if so how ? the output looks like this no matchi...
[3 replies] Last: what is this ??? ___ hiim ducking from https://www.khosango.com/ (by khosango)
How to split a string into different parts at each period

Hello. So, suppose I had a string, "Hello.World" and I wanted to get from that, "Hello" and "World". How can I do this easily?
[7 replies] Last: Not that I have anything against C++ Classes. Actually, I had that co... (by freddie1)
by Mif
How to set the popup window to the mouse position ?

I found an example with the popup and works, but the popup window follows the desktop coordinates. How to set the right coordinates of the mouse pointer ? c...
[1 reply] : And another problem is that, whatever static control I hover with the... (by Mif)
by Mif
Help with window messages

Hello.. I have just a simple question. What message do I have to handle in the Window Procedure loop if I want to make a window popup with some text(info.), wh...
[2 replies] Last: Okay got it. Thank you sir ! (by Mif)
How to use thread in c++ win 32 (1,2)

I want to use thread in C ++ like c # then what to do Here is my c # code Thread threadsArray = new Thread ; public class Users { public ListView listVi...
[30 replies] Last: There is indeed a number of thread samples here, freddie1, but I was a... (by George P)
Connect SQLServer failed in c++

I connect to the database on VPS but it goes to the case 'SQL_ERROR', I don't know what am I missing or where is wrong, hope everyone helps. #include <iostrea...
[3 replies] Last: Here's an old program I dug up that I believe shows SQLGetDiagRec() in... (by freddie1)
by Mau3re
How to know if an app is launched in windows service application.

I'm trying to write a program which waits for a specific app (matlab in my case) to launch and does stuff when the app launches. I see that I had to write a wi...
[1 reply] : You didn't need to write a service to do this. Your code will basical... (by helios)
  Archived months: [feb2021] [apr2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.