Windows Programming - February 2021

Argument of type Void is incompatible pthread c++

I want the Run function to run its own thread, but it shows an error, how to make it compatible with...
[3 replies] Last: Oops - Runner still needs to return void* (by salem c)
Understanding if else Statements in C ++:

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { // This is the work done in the houseke...
[1 reply] : Is this a question, or an example? (by salem c)
Executing background tasks in Asp.Net

When the call is blocking i.e. doesn't participate in the async process it doesn't make sense to sta...
[no replies]
Creating a Window

Hey everyone, Can you please check this code. It creates a window, but I can't do anything with ...
[18 replies] Last: @freddie1, I am so beyond worrying about how many lines of code are us... (by Furry Guy)
by thawek
WinAPI BitBlt flickering

Hello! It seems this topic has been evaulated quite intensively here, but I can't get it to work an...
[3 replies] Last: Rearranged some code, found HFONT and HDC leak as well the fact, that ... (by thawek)
How to fix error when overriding a ListView

When dragging on the form, an error occurs. #include "MyComponent.h" using namespace System; usin...
[no replies]
by Ganado
[mingw g++] makefile target without exe extension

Let's say I have a makefile such as the following: my_program.exe : source.cpp other_dependency.c...
[7 replies] Last: I think he's saying that the "my_program" target will always be "out o... (by dutch)
Child Window Not Processing WM_SIZE (1,2)

I have a child window that, for some reason, is not processing the WM_SIZE message, when I use the M...
[23 replies] Last: Glad you got it! Some messages can be tricky. I think WM_CTLCOLORSTA... (by freddie1)
by sm9
Attempting to port a C source written for POSIX to Windows (1,2)

Hi everyone, I am trying to natively compile a program called 'MRCC' (a quantum chemistry program) ...
[24 replies] Last: there are plenty of up to date programs for common tasks. If its some... (by jonnin)
by Mif
How to read from a file from a certain point when select from a ListBox

Hello.. I have a list box and selecting an item from it I want to reproduce some text in a edit cont...
[2 replies] Last: ..Aaa right :| I understand the concept, now I will try to reproduce ... (by Mif)
including external packages

Hi, I'm totally new to C++, so please explanation for retards :) I have downloaded a package (don't ...
[1 reply] : c++ is more hands on than java. you have to tell the linker to use th... (by jonnin)
How to correctly install "fftw" library on Windows

Hi there, I am new to this forum and hope I chose the correct section for this topic. I am als...
[5 replies] Last: Sure. I will keep kiss in mind as an alternative. Since I feel like I ... (by bielburg)
is it possible to Make Router firmware with C++

Apparently - yes https://openwrt.org/ https://dd-wrt.com/
[no replies]
Convert binary to decimal

I want to ask how to convert 32 bit binary to decimal. As far as I could is convert 10 bit with this...
[4 replies] Last: Why do you still have lines 6 - 12? @nuderobmonkey's point was that i... (by doug4)
ELI5: How do programs from client PCs receive updates?

Some GUI applications give users the option to "Check for Updates". I want to set up that kind of fe...
[1 reply] : I am not an expert (I have not done this professionally) but my unders... (by jonnin)
by Weasel
gl3w opengl problem

I've been trying to create a template in VS2019 so I don't have to create a new file every time. I'...
[1 reply] : Simply including a needed 3rd party library file to a project/solutio... (by Furry Guy)
  Archived months: [jan2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.