Windows Programming - December 2019

On-line Courses for C++ For Windows

This is more a general question than a code question. I'm just starting to learn C++ after a long time away from programming. I have some basic VB.NET experie...
[no replies]
by masli
Win service (remoting)

Hello, i have a service running, made in c#, who is like a mutex for a file.. keep the file read/write access between different c# applications. Everything work...
[4 replies] Last: I've managed to communicate with the service. How? I made a dll in C# ... (by masli)
how to do coding (while and if)

Header definition extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) int _stdcall A( void ); extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) int _stdcall Reset( void ) Loop execution: if ...
[1 reply] : What do you mean by background? What do you mean by "Hang A"? (by kbw)
Applying light to a texture (DirectX 9)

Hey guys. You're probably going to laugh at me and tell me to read a book on DirectX(which I probably *should*), because I'm developing a game engine and all is...
[1 reply] : Nevermind! After sleeping and taking a break, I simple added an extra ... (by TomTheFox)
Mac vs Windows for Programming!!

I think you are a damned spammer, so go away!
[5 replies] Last: Wrong, MikeyBoy. This particular spammer's account is resistant to be... (by MikeyBoy)
What happens to files being written to when a program is aborted from the terminal

I am doing some computer modeling of a three body system, and my most recent run looks like it is going to take 4 times longer than I had anticipated (many, man...
[1 reply] : it depends somewhat. on windows, and most unix, the file is usually i... (by jonnin)
by kbw
Libraries, DLLs, Webservices... best approach to sharing simple functionality between multiple projects!?

Have you considered a Javascript framework/library?
[1 reply] : Another reddit thread spammer. https://www.reddit.com/r/dotnet/commen... (by George P)
DirectX: Rotating my mesh with first person camera

Hey guys, I really need some expertise here. I'm developing a game engine in DirectX and all is going smoothly -- however, what may seem like a very simple prob...
[1 reply] : To me, the screenshots hint that you're using the wrong coordinate bas... (by mbozzi)
by kitfox
What's the c++ convention for monitoring parameter changes?

I'm trying to figure out the C++ way of implementing a programming pattern that I use in Java. I have a class that represents a view of my data used by the UI,...
[6 replies] Last: Sounds like the MVC model-view-controller pattern is relevant and this... (by againtry)
Reading text file, outputting to a window.

I'm creating a desktop application using MS Visual Studio. Want my app to read a text file and print some of the information into a window. I'm using the fu...
[3 replies] Last: TextOutA did the trick, but when I read the documentation for it (whic... (by timlange3)
by ruzip
Get MD5 hash of an embedded resource

I have an embedded resource bitmap with resource compiler and need to get the md5 hash of the file when the program starts. Any suggestion is appreciated.
[8 replies] Last: Thank you guys for the responses and thanks jonnin for the follow-up r... (by ruzip)
including windows.h getting errors

Hi All, While working one of project, I need to include windows.h file. When build my code I got lots of compile time errors. Few errors are listed below: ...
[2 replies] Last: As I suggested here ( http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/265931/#m... (by George P)
  Archived months: [nov2019] [jan2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.