UNIX/Linux Programming - November 2021

GUI Development For Linux in C++

I don't know how one "uses HTML+CSS", but I've seen multiple-choice wizards, perhaps even DnD, that "generate the code" for page. Did not like them, i.e. I know...
[5 replies] Last: imgui isn't an IDE, it's a GUI framework. I spent some time on it som... (by kbw)
by colt
ld cannot find 32bit libc during building

Hi, I am currently trying to compile a 32bit freetype example code, however when I try to do so I receive: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Pr...
[9 replies] Last: It printed so many things that they did not fit on the screen, nonethe... (by colt)
/

Do we actually need to put (/) at end of directory path ? ex: 1- cd path/ex 2- cd path/ex/ cd Downloads cd Downloads/ sometimes works but others g...
[5 replies] Last: Somewhat related, when copying or moving files, I put a slash at the e... (by dhayden)
Pipes and command line arguments not working

HI guys. Wrote an extremely simple program that displays the command line arguments a user types. It works all well and good when running the program with some...
[5 replies] Last: UNIX programs usually don't care if cin is a terminal or not. That's a... (by dhayden)
ls -ltr | tail -n 3

what this command stands for? the ls -ltr is to list programs sorted by time the tail -n 3 is to list the last three lines in the file what does this m...
[4 replies] Last: the tail -n 3 is to list the last three lines in the file It would b... (by dhayden)

Yes.
[11 replies] Last: https://xkcd.com/221/ (by mbozzi)
do sleep

how this command: for i in {1..5}; do sleep 600 & done work?
[1 reply] : for i in {1..5}; do something done That's a for loop in bash. Th... (by kbw)
our own linux binary find/recognize in /usr/local/lib

How do we have our own linux binary find, recognize and use its library/deps. in local library i.e. in /usr/local/lib as we install it itself in /usr/local/bin...
[1 reply] : Dynamic linker has a search path that it looks from when loading execu... (by keskiverto)
~ / bin is in PATH

why the commands located in ~ / bin can be run from anywhere?
[4 replies] Last: From man bash : Environment variable PATH The search path for comm... (by keskiverto)
Get git patch from current to the first file

As a noob in git i have no idea how to have patch to current modified files relative to original ones, i.e. the first git clone. Anyone experienced expert on th...
[1 reply] : Are you asking how to use patch and diff with git? (by kbw)
.zshrc:197: command not found: ‘export

Every time I run the terminal I get this line as error in the top of the terminal .zshrc:197: command not found: ‘export I tried to fix this error but c...
[5 replies] Last: @salem c [code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdbool.h> int main(vo... (by closed account Nwb4iNh0)
is't neccessary to include "struct" keyword at this program?

//test.C #include<csignal> int main(){ sigaction a;//mark1 return 0; } it goes wrong when i type "g++ test.C" in terminal. but when i add "struction...
[3 replies] Last: if its windows, it may not understand upper case C as filename case is... (by jonnin)
glm/c++/OpenGl library path

Is really storing the libraries in /usr/local/include is same as saving it in /usr/include path like glm library for C++
[6 replies] Last: when I install any library it goes by defulat to /usr/lib not /usr/lo... (by kbw)
  Archived months: [oct2021] [dec2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.