UNIX/Linux Programming - December 2020

Linux Shell Programming. Implementing a Search, Find and Replace Technique

I have to implement an application in shell programming (Unix/Linux). I have to search a word from a text file and replace that word with my given word. I ha...
[1 reply] : https://linux.die.net/man/1/sed Eg sed -i -e 's/haystack/needle/g' m... (by salem c)
Does using Bash count as Unix/Linux experience on cplusplus?

I am a windows user but I use bash a lot. Some of the internships that I am applying to require "demonstrated experience with Unix and/or Linux operating system...
[3 replies] Last: as an intern the experience may not be expected to be very much. as i... (by jonnin)
by jonnin
How can a C/C++ program put itself into background?

maybe this for win? https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/810/System-Tray-Icons-Minimize-Your-Application-to-the its a little old, there may be a newer way, but...
[no replies]
OpenCV, C++ Socket video stream

Currently I have a c++ socket that when connected takes a picture from a camera and sends it to the client as a PNG. How would I go about converting this in...
[no replies]
How extract the name of a file

Hi all, I am beginner on C++ and linux and one of my tasks is extract the name of a file and compare if it is a new version or not. For example, the file nam...
[2 replies] Last: Helios I am sorry, i think it would reach different people. (by prigiacomini)
How can a bash code do a return completely while in nested call

How can a bash code do a return completely (as if it returns from main function) when it is being in a third nested function call, in order to get back to shell...
[2 replies] Last: Some of the advice on that site is good (you almost always want to quo... (by uplime)
Is my gcc configured right?

I've tried to install QT at least twice and the most basic of examples produce tons of errors. Now I've installed SFML and it acts the same way. I've tried th...
[3 replies] Last: When using a library it's quite common to have to add -l followed by... (by Peter87)
Structs and unsigned chars

I'm currently trying to program a function that allows a user to read in an image and they can either flip the image horizontally or vertically, or convert the ...
[3 replies] Last: Image image <-- what is this? Image newImage ; <--- this one has a... (by jonnin)
  Archived months: [nov2020] [jan2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.