UNIX/Linux Programming - December 2019

Exec arguments not providing expected results [Linux/C++]

I'm implementing two programs which will act as ALU and CPU,The CPU will read inputs from a file as 3 arguments (num,operator,num) and pass those arguments to A...
[5 replies] Last: Why not use execl() instead? if(pid==0) { execl(path, arg1.c_str()... (by dhayden)
Help with File Descriptor?...

Hello Guys! Im using file descriptor but.. i've tryied to new line with no success :/ Is there a possibility to go at new line with file descriptor? I open the...
[4 replies] Last: Line 10 and 11. Check the last parameter. Review the meaning of s... (by mbozzi)
Best text editor for programming in multiple languages with vim emulation???5c

Another reddit thread spam poster. https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_programming/comments/e7vgql/best_text_editor_for_programming_in_multiple/
[1 reply] : Visual Studio Code (based on Atom) is pretty good if you need a simple... (by kbw)
Sending 3 arguments from one program to another using execvp? Error?

Hi everyone, I'm creating an ALU and CPU ALU's job is to receive 3 arguments from CPU and compute them and return the result of computation CPU's Job is...
[6 replies] Last: exec... take the exe name as the first arg, but also the first arg in ... (by kbw)
How to write the data in txt file into other txt file

I am working on reading the data from one file "file1.txt" having format 0 0.0003 0.0006 -0.0130 -0.5542 -0.2587 2.2455e-04 -7.9772e-05 ...
[4 replies] Last: Another version: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> void output_... (by againtry)
Reading in a newline with getline loop.

I'm supposed to use getline to read in a joustdata.txt, and to ensure that the numbers read from the file are converted to integers, I'm supposed to add 99 to e...
[6 replies] Last: Oh, yeah, I'm sorry I didn't pay attention to that, thank you so much. (by yagirlneedshelp)
Arguments passed to the command line not printed and the program loops indefinitely [Ubuntu/C++]

I'm trying to implement a simple command line program that takes three arguments and prints them on the linux terminal For example: >c++ exec.cpp ...
[2 replies] Last: Loops indefinitely? I can't see why that happens, but note that your t... (by Ganado)
  Archived months: [nov2019] [jan2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.