Question about the Code:Blocks IDE

I recently install Code::Blocks on my Linux machine. It was trivial then I set up a project using CMake and selected the clang++-9 compiler, this too was trivial.

My whole purpose installing and setting up this project was so I could use the IDE to help me navigate the standards headers. Just taking guesses I was able to run an compile my program. I then used the IDE to navigate to my headers implementation of a functions, again trivial. Code completion also worked with the header I wrote.

Then I added the header <vector>, and code completions did not work, for functions of std::vector, nor was I able to navigate to see the systems implementation.

I've yet to start learning how to use this IDE because if I can't use it on the standard header to navigate to implementations of their functions this IDE won't serve my purposes.

Now the question: is it possible to use this IDE to navigate the systems headers and do I have just learn how to use this IDE, or should I find another?

Last edited on
I am not sure what version of Code::Blocks you are using but try this:
1. put the cursor inside <vector>
2. right click and go to Open #include file: 'vector'
I'm using Code:Blocks 16.01 which was what my package manager installed by default. I tried what you said and it didn't work. I'm now guessing if I used the Code:Blocks debugger it would have done what I wanted.

I'm going to uninstall it, I woke this morning and remembered that I what I want can easily be done using gdb or gdbtui.

Thank you for responding anyway, I appreciate it.
I'm using Code:Blocks 16.01

The latest C::B is 20.03, released back in March. 16.01 is nearly 5 years old.
http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/26
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.