reporting vulgarity in the forum

Pages: 12
Use a comma to separate multiple user-names?
Yes, that's JS array syntax.
I don't 'do' JS, but figured it is an array. I prefer to get the input of people knowledgeable in JS instead of just assuming what may or may not work.

I now have to update all my browsers I use to access the forums here to stifle the stupid.

I thank you for sharing the script. I kept wanting a "block" button, and in a way now I have one.
OH, FYI......I noticed if there are several threads shown in the forum list with last comment done by the people (2 of 'em) on my moron list, only the first thread has 'something moronic some moron said'. Any thread following still show the cretin's name and comment.

Is this supposed to be how it works? Or just some script artifact because I choose to run older browser versions?

Either way, the doofus and their comment(s) are not shown should I actually read the thread, so I'm beyond pleased with the script.
Ah... I must not have fixed it in the Gist. See, GreaseMonkey and Tampermonkey have slightly different semantics. Check it out now.
Last edited on
Well, the update killed the script with ViolentMonkey. The only user script add-on that works in my older browsers. GreaseMonkey requires a newer version of my commonly used browser, and I can't seem to get TamperMonkey to work properly with your script.

Not completely blocking the clodpates in the forum list while wiping them clean from a thread is more than acceptable because it does work.

I appreciate the work, really. :)
Weird. I don't get why every second browser behaves different with these sorts of add-ons. At home I use GreaseMonkey, but I could not get it to work at all at the office, even though it was the exact same version.
I have the exact same browser version for all my computers, yet some of my add-ons act differently between the computers. For example, an old add-on called CoLT. Copy Link Text and Location.

Allows me to copy a link with text as an HTML link, BB Code, plain text, etc. One computer the add-on works perfectly. Another (the one I am typing this comment on) brain-farts the add-on.
its not that uncommon. all the underlying stuff has to be the right version too, so you got which version of java or javascript or whatever the tool runs on, and possibly OS patches and updates, and similar things can all hose up such tools.
My corp forces us to use their homepage, which isnt compatible with the browser we have, so it takes like 45 sec to partially load and then tell us it isnt compatible. I managed to hack a batch file bypass around that, but you get all kinds of craziness in web space.
Violent Monkey seems to work well. I saw others having the same issue with tampermonkey not running their scripts. Just have to experiment with all of them till one works it seems.
It is so sweet to have this substitute "block button" script available and working. The bullshit level has dropped to nearly zero, with only two cretins being excised.
Sounds boring.
Boring is more often than not a good thing. Especially when it is one particular individual who is the source of a lot of bullshit.

YMMV.
Arguing can be entertaining but it can also be dull, and if you don't want to deal with it you have to expend mental energy to block it out.
Understandable, esp. if you're not just a witness.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12