reporting vulgarity in the forum

Pages: 12
I have received vulgarity from someone called "dutch" responding to a simple question... I reported him since it is the second occasion
What can I expect now?

Regards,
Juan Dent
You can expect nothing. The admin only rarely deals with issues of excessive spamming. I would just ignore trolls ("don't feed the troll"). Sorry that it's not the answer you want.
So what are WE supposed to do about the situation? None of us have admin privileges, so all you did was rant for little to no purpose IMO.

I've had lots of profanity thrown at me, digitally and in the meat world. All I do is laugh at the person doing it. I've been known to fling more than my fair share as well from time to time.

As Ganado said you basically just fed a troll with this. Ignore what that person said, and if it happens in the future don't even think about replying back to them what they must or must not do. That just adds fuel to an already raging inferno.
Thanks Ganado anyway!!
yea the reality is that this forum is someone's ad-revenue set and forget it playground. Its been left virtually unattended for a long time, and considering that, our members do fairly well at helping folks (who are actually trying!) with decency. In spite of your experience, many forums would not have managed to survive this well without constant moderation and ban hammers.

@JAUNDENT
You’re not ranting by calling him/her out. Don’t feel alone or hurt even though that is dutch’s purpose.

Think about it. There are at least 7 billion people on the planet who haven’t heard of dutch and couldn’t care less if they did. dutch, in the wide sweep of things, is a triviality.
Juandent, I think I can help clear something up:

You posted this:

what is a type with value semantics? and how does it differ from other types?

should types with value semantics be passed by value to a constructor or method instead const T& ref?

You may have meant well, but these questions sound as if you pulled them right out of a worksheet. They sound as if you're a college student or such and you tried to get an easy answer instead of doing a bit of research.

Many people come onto this forum looking for someone to just hand them answers and code for school assignments and such. As you may have guessed, it's not very welcomed.

One of the nice things (in my opinion obviously) about this site is that moderators aren't around to say what you can and can't say. This isn't anything more than a C++ forum, but people are free to speak their mind.

If someone says to you something you don't like, that's just life. This forum is not a safe haven.

Good luck coding :)
people are free to speak their mind
That reads like immature and patronizing victim-blaming to me.
That reads like immature and patronizing victim-blaming to me.

Then maybe learn to read.
There you go again.

The lippy pseudo-tough street-talker who has a defamation case coming his way just as I warned you a short while ago.
Maybe you'll grow out of this phase. I hate to think that there's an adult behind those uneducated words.
Tell that to the judge.

Your next 10 billion tacky voice-overs won't be enough to settle the bill you've run up.
Just reminding everyone that you can choose not to let your browser show you things you don't want to see.

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/270432/
LOL Carol - another abuser-extraordinaire - chimes in. More red dots for me because I stand up to her crap and insults.
I was actually about to look for that. Helios saves the day

EDIT: How do you make it always run it for this domain? It works perfectly when I tested it!

EDIT AGAIN: Well, I got tampermonkey which won't run the script for some reason. I'll figure out 🤪

Last EDIT: I got it to work, tampermonkey just didn't work for some reason. Violent Monkey does it great :)
Last edited on
Dang, that was easier to install and configure correctly than I thought. First time I tried I didn't enclose the username in '' single-quotes. Ooops!

Use a comma to separate multiple user-names?
I really do like to see the last reply preview in a thread as

'something moronic some moron said'
so all you did was rant for little to no purpose IMO

Furry guy, living in the past as always, supports bullying and abuse with old-worn platitudes. That wasn't an opinion, it was a surrender.
Lmao, it's perfect. Helios has created something special here.
Helios has created something special here.
No she hasn't. Like you @zapshe neither of you have made any positive contribution on any of the forums here. Not even once.
Pages: 12