• Forum
  • Lounge
  • How do you acquire better quality old sa

How do you acquire better quality old safety commercials?

closed account (E8A4Nwbp)
Hello,

Copious amounts of PSA/PIFs from at least before 2009 are lost, or at least not explicitly available, as many of the sites which initially made them available in adequate quality are now no longer online.

As an experienced web user, is it in your ability to acquire decent quality and old PSA/PIFs?

For instance, if you wanted, how would you find a better quality version of this, for, suppose, a project. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojXsFjlOuVE
Last edited on
Sorry, all I have access to is high resolution volumetric scans of late 80s Czechoslovakian coat hangers.
Last edited on
The Library of Congress might have various archived PSAs from the US government.
e.g. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01836081/

Not sure about international.
dunno if wayback machine or similar have that kind of content or not. there are some attempts to 'back up the web' to preserve things but none are all inclusive, and many do not save large files like videos.
I understand. I suppose I presumed people would have more liberty
Last edited on
to do what? You can copy and save them. Perhaps no one wanted to, but it wasn't lack of liberty.
To acquire elusive content now, which has not been acknowledged by many for a while
I'm somewhat perplexed by your complaint. You're not complaining that people in the past didn't archive the content you're interested in now. You're complaining that you can't access now the content that people in the past didn't archive. Like, what do you want, a magic hard drive that holds every piece of information ever made? Do you also want a magic doorbell that dead people can ring to come visit you?

Yes, most content that will ever be created will get lost. If you don't want it to get lost, archive it yourself.
> Sorry, all I have access to is high resolution volumetric scans of late 80s Czechoslovakian coat hangers.
and here I'm playing with the stanford bunny like an idiot

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojXsFjlOuVE
object permanence is a lie
Video was kind of weird. The driver wanted to turn at an odd time and while pedestrians seemed to want to cross. And the biker was a magician.
When on a bike/motorcycle:
* You don't get on the right side of a vehicle that might turn to the right.
* You don't get on the side and between the doors of a car. That's the blind spot.

I couldn't say the driver did anything wrong there. They just didn't know where the motorcycle had gone and they had no way of looking at them without dangerously turning their head.
I mean, yeah, be careful with lighter vehicles, but we can't expect road users to be omniscient. Ride defensively.
I'm somewhat perplexed
Complaint is not the term I would use.

Regardless, I can access them now, and I know this because PSA compilation channels have good-resolution versions of myriad PSAs which are otherwise inaccessible on youtube, and as the initiative behind that PSA too is well known, I wouldn't expect it to be an exception. I just thought there may be a source I am oblivious to which you may possibly be able to acquire with your searching expertise

They just didn't know where the motorcycle had gone and they had no way of looking at them without dangerously turning their head.
Rotate the rear-view mirror

Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.