Ready for a culture shock? With a relaxed dress code, flexible scheduling, and an approachable senior management team who are open to hearing your feedback: were not your traditional corporate culture. Operating more like a family than a small business, were continually looking for ways to help our employees, as well as provide a great work environment.
Every day, we get to work doing the same thing as the day before: making the training for our military faster, better, and cheaper. It was true at the inception of AVT Simulation and its just as true today.
Our mission is what drives us to do everything possible to get more effective training to those who need it the most. We do that by building a talented, diverse team that makes a positive impact on our company and our work.
Software Engineer Leads are responsible for the architecture of one or more specific CSCIs within a software solution and for overseeing the work of the Software Engineers who develop or modify the CSCI. This includes providing technical decision-making and leadership of a team as well as responsibility for a schedule and budget associated with the teams work.
Software Engineer Leads have all the responsibilities of a Software Engineer, plus the following:
• Responsible for the overall design, implementation, and modification of one or more CSCIs
• Oversees the technical work of teams comprised of 2-10 software engineers
• Assigns tasks to team members, monitors their progress, and intervenes if needed to ensure adherence to the schedule
• Leads design reviews and code reviews, moderates technical disagreements, and ensures review comments are dispositioned
• Ensures standards, policies and procedures are being followed
• Provides status and updated Estimates-to-Complete to the Project Manager as the project proceeds
• Trains and integrates new team members and supports the continued development of existing team members
• Provides counseling and recommends corrective actions to the Project Manager when needed
• Support proposal efforts by providing solution designs and estimates
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
• 10 or more years of successful software development experience
• Able to work within Linux and/or Windows environments
• Expert knowledge of applicable programming languages
• Expert knowledge of software architectures and design methodologies
• Expert knowledge of procedural and object-oriented coding methodologies
• Strong Knowledge of the AGILE/SCRUM methodology
• Strong knowledge of domain-specific topics
• Experience with Configuration Management tools.
• Experience with building to requirements and/or synthesizing requirements.
Essential Mental Requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for documentation and intra-team/interdisciplinary communication.
• Basic math skills including linear algebra.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documentation.
• Ability to analyze problems using scientific and logical thinking.
• Ability to work within a small or large team
• Ability to lead and direct the work of other engineers
Essential Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 10 pounds.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project)
• Atlassian JIRA
• Atlassian Confluence
• Development Environments such as: Visual Studio, GNU toolchain, Eclipse
* US Government security clearance may be required and candidate must be eligible.
*Candidate has capacity to comply with the federally mandated requirements of U.S. export control laws.
Founded in 1998 by an engineer, AVT Simulation is an Orlando-based, end-to-end systems integration and full-service modeling and simulation small business. Since our beginning, AVT's highly specialized staff of engineers has included some of the top leaders in the simulation industry. With an average of over 20 years of simulation experience, our dedicated staff provides specialized solutions for customers requiring on point solutions to complex problems.
AVT has always been a company that strives to make a positive difference in the lives we touch. These lives include our employees and their families, our partner companies and their employees, and ultimately the warfighters receiving our products and services. Our core values are so very important to us as a company. They guide us towards success. They make us a great company to work for and a strong partner to work with.
- People First
- Mission Excellence
- Do the Right Thing
People First is our first and most important core value because we firmly believe the success of AVT is directly related to supporting our employees. We have a lot of fun (with regular employee events and engagements), while still working hard to accomplish our mission of serving our military and the warfighter.
We’re looking for candidates that embody these core values, know how to have fun while working hard, and think they would thrive in an environment like ours. If you’re a self-motivated individual, then come join AVT. Come make your difference.
EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by visiting www.avtsim.com/careers and follow the instructions at the bottom.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/LYo6bWfJWbgbc8A1H577N