General C++ Programming - October 2020 (Page 5)

by DunDun
Can you read in excel /.csv files the same as .txt files?

When coding file streams, I know the basic format to read info from .txt files: fInput >> data >> data; // etc... However, I feel like that process woul...
[5 replies] Last: When reading Excel files be aware that the old .xls files are in binar... (by Thomas1965)
by ABUE
unqualified-id before 'while'; unqualified-id at end of input; and expected '}' at end of input

C:\Users\bue\Documents\ATOM FILES\stock_tracking1_with_simpleMenu_appended_TRY4.cpp:1110:2: error: expected unqualified-id before 'while' while gameOn != fals...
[18 replies] Last: progressing! thanks jonnin cleaning the program up now, then I'll ad... (by ABUE)
by jerryd
Can't stop at a breaktrap with CodeLite

cplusplus forum, Windows 7 Professional, CodeLite 12.0, minGW64, SFML 64 I have a simple "Hello World" program that runs fine without debugging and wi...
[4 replies] Last: The user namespace std; is just habit. You mean "bad habit" right? ... (by jlb)
can't find where virtual method is being called from

hello i'm creating a simple gui system for games (as it's just for learning purposes, i'd like to create it from scratch). but I can't find where this pure v...
[4 replies] Last: i tried to call the action() from a place in memory where there were ... (by helios)
Is this data member Func&& a universal reference?

Hi, Is the data member Func&& func a universal reference (according to Scott Meyers) or an rvalue reference which if initialized with an rvalue will create a d...
[7 replies] Last: Beutiful! Great explanantion. Thanks a lot. Still processing it... ... (by JUANDENT)
Program: Patriot Parties (1,2)

Program: Patriot Parties Billing System The Patriot Parties Events and Catering Service has asked you to write a computer program to produce customers' bills ...
[33 replies] Last: If the teacher wants simple C++ then.... #include <string> #include... (by seeplus)
How to associate a file type with my program

Hello. How can I get a certain file type to open with my program such as a .test file? What header do I include? What do I write?? Please keep it simple. ...
[10 replies] Last: in windows you can associate a type to a program in the registry. I d... (by jonnin)
I never use pointers in my C++ code. Am I coding C++ wrong?

This question may sound strange to you, but I am learning C++ all by myself. I have nobody whom I could ask for mentoring and I would be very glad for some advi...
[3 replies] Last: if you do not need pointers, and do not use them, you are doing it rig... (by jonnin)
Parallel invocation of algorithms

Suppose you have a data series given by a pair of input iterators and you want to calculate some statistics on this data series. For example, you are asked to ...
[2 replies] Last: As I said, this loop is already implemented by accumulate. So if accu... (by yecril71pl)
Use a linked list queue to simulate customers waiting in line

This is my first program working with queues and I have no idea where to start. Fair warning this is a long program. My main question is with the functions in t...
[2 replies] Last: You need to sort the customers array by their arrival time: std::sor... (by nuderobmonkey)
what do I mean when a data member is Type&&?

The following class has 2 possible implementations that compile correctly. The first uses a Func&& data member and forward like so: template<typename Fu...
[7 replies] Last: Scott Meyers invented the term "universal reference" during C++11's de... (by mbozzi)
October 2020 Pages: 1... 345
  Archived months: [sep2020] [nov2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.