General C++ Programming - July 2020 (Page 3)

change game direction

Hello, I'm trying to change the direction of a game. In my example code it works: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int pla...
[11 replies] Last: Don't post the same question in two different threads. It wastes peopl... (by Ganado)
Combinations from 3d array picking one element from each array

I want to get the combinations from 3d array of fixed size picking one element from second dimension. I cannot use vectors or any dynamic memory object since co...
[13 replies] Last: Okay, since recursion cannot be synthesized in hardware,Finally I had ... (by AkshayMalige)
C++: no matching function for call to 'min'

I have coded this program, but it returns the error: no matching function for call to 'min'. I believe that I have declared the correct libraries and the only ...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main() { const int LIMIT{5}; in... (by againtry)
[Request] Port GTA V PC Mod to xbox 360. Have PC Source Code

Hello all, I was hoping to find someone that has experience coding GTA V mod menu's for xbox 360 (JTAG/RGH). There is an awesome quadcopter/drone mod that was o...
[2 replies] Last: It can't be accomplished with Visual Studio and the XNA Game Studio li... (by andr7320)
by trut8
Convert from pascal to c++

Var s:string; Begin write('Enter a string: ');readln(s); While (Pos('(',s)>0)and((Pos(')',s)>0)) do Delete(s,Pos('(',s),Pos(')',s)-Pos('(',s)+...
[3 replies] Last: thank you (by trut8)
Simple code for WASD Movement?

Now i'm less than a noob at this but I'm really trying to learn. I've watched countless of youtube tutorials trying to undersstand everything but they go to fas...
[3 replies] Last: Hello, isn't that what you're looking for to start with? http://www.c... (by oneidacharisse)
istream for testing

I want to unit test my program that reads from istream(cin). As istream reading is blocking I will run my function in separate thread and I need istream vers...
[11 replies] Last: Why don't you show us the code of the function you want to test? Maybe... (by Thomas1965)
Error at initializing a member from superclass

I'm trying to implement the observer pattern for learning proposals like it's described in this tutorial: https://youtu.be/_BpmfnqjgzQ But I get an error at...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you for your hint, ne555. (by nuderobmonkey)
Taking the sum of numbers from a file, after parsing

Whenever I try to take the sum of movies times from this file: 2016 116 303.1 Passengers 2014 169 677.5 Interstellar 2015 141 630.2 The Martian 2013 91 72...
[1 reply] : Instead of outputting the time in each loop iteration just sum it up a... (by Thomas1965)
Adding/averaging numbers from a text file

I am really new to programming and this is probably something really simple but I have not found any videos or info on how to do it. I am trying to get specific...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <sstream> #include <v... (by lastchance)
call by address

so my i want to replace a char of a string at a given pos. so i was practicing call my reference and call by address. when i call by reference the code works bu...
[4 replies] Last: void replace(std::string *p,std::string str1,int x){ p =str1 ; st... (by dhayden)
Filespace relating Error on CodeBlocks

Hello Guys. I am using 17.12 Codeblocks. I was using the header file from OLC-olcPixelGameEngine. It has <experimental>"filespace". It caused a fatal error, no ...
[7 replies] Last: https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/17.12/Windo... (by Ganado)
Can a class member object of parent class have reference of parent class

If there is class say Class A class A { B* bObj; } class B { A* aObj } Is this valid?
[1 reply] : Yes, you just need a forward reference to B : class B; class A { B* ... (by coder777)
program people registration error line 70 expected while before '}' token

help me please this people registration program is giving this error what do i do? error line 70 expected while before '}' token #include <iostream> #includ...
[8 replies] Last: Yeah, you should be more frickin’ careful in future Grandpa hayden. (by againtry)
calcualtor

i want to create a porgram where user enters a num then enter an operation and it performs operation and ; ends the operations so like 5 + 2 - 7 ; would...
[10 replies] Last: that may be overkill but it can't hurt to see it. I think the 'keep t... (by jonnin)
by helios
Level-Matrix-Theory(LMT):

I don't get it. What's the statement?
[3 replies] Last: Well, it doesn't compile for starters. Original code was at https://co... (by lastchance)
The Code of the Command & Conquer Game: Bugs From the 90's. Volume one

The American company Electronic Arts Inc (EA) has made the source code of the games Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn and Command & Conquer: Red Alert publicly a...
[2 replies] Last: I worked on a system in the early 90's that did very detailed static a... (by dhayden)
Bluetooth motor control IOS

Hi Guys, As part of a HSC Major Work, I need a component consisting of a bluetooth activated motor to open a lid. So far I am working with a Arduino Uno, Motor...
[5 replies] Last: > response = ble.read(); This is an abstract idea which you need to ma... (by salem c)
OCI Oracle from Visual Studio 2017 C++

Hello, Can anyone please, maybe someone has already tried to do this - the most basic example of how to work with OCI from VS2017? All that was enough for...
[5 replies] Last: Oracle also has a downloadable OCI SDK that include .lib files you cou... (by George P)
by volang
std::string.assign() the right way

string s; char str = ""; //this is usually not empty, but if i receive a empty message I need to know that I won't come across any surprises / undefined behavi...
[14 replies] Last: For example, you might read an undefined value into the string and lat... (by helios)
July 2020 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jun2020] [aug2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.