General C++ Programming - December 2019

Union

Hi I keep getting the message in the compiler: Unknown Type Name for every object in my union: #ifndef UnionBase_hpp #define UnionBase_hpp #include <...
[10 replies] Last: If you want a C++ type safe version of union , the ability at any giv... (by George P)
by L404
overloading

Hello I am trying to do something for a assignment in order to make our programming language with c++ i have to overload operator and when I write PERSON "L...
[6 replies] Last: Cross posted http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/266850/ (by againtry)
Is there a better way of doing global regex substitution?

This is what I'm use to writing s/\bS.*?\b/wilson/g; And this is what I have working, but it seems wrong. Is there a better way of doing it? std::r...
[2 replies] Last: regex_replace does a "global" replace within the string by default. If... (by dutch)
Unknown Type Name 'Entity' CAIBehavior.hpp

Hi I am also getting the following build errors: Unknown Type Name 'Entity' CAIBehavior.hpp CAIBehavior is a member variable of IntelligentEntity whic...
[3 replies] Last: Advisor objects have no copy constructor in your class definition. B... (by Repeater)
Linked list programming

I've been meaning to brush up on my coding and wanted to get back to linked list. I've done it in the past of course, but I'm trying to think of a program conce...
[3 replies] Last: For small- to mid-sized containers, the classic linked list will proba... (by Ganado)
Expected class name

So I'm getting an error: "Expected class name" on the following class: #ifndef WeaponEntiity_hpp #define WeaponEntiity_hpp #include <stdio.h> #include "...
[1 reply] : Not enough information to know. To start, what is the exact, full err... (by Ganado)
by obeeey
SDL 2.0 how to generate texture on top of everything?

Hi, I'm doing this Frogger type of game and I want to display a texture on certain coordinates when player approaches the "win" position. This is what I have: ...
[4 replies] Last: I've got renderWonPosition() declared at the top of the project, then ... (by obeeey)
by DAU
Relatinship int and char

Hi there, I am currently dealing with an issue resulting out of reading text with characters in ASCII and code > 127. But the original problem is not my issue.....
[7 replies] Last: Something to be aware of is that char , signed char , and unsigned ... (by Duthomhas)
Trapezoid method converges faster than Simpson method

Good afternoon, I have been doing computer practices in C ++, and for an integration practice, the trapezoid method converges faster than the Simpson method....
[14 replies] Last: Read 'Advanced Engineering Mathematics' 10th edition by Kreyszig - Wil... (by againtry)
by adam77
What are the best tech bootcamps?

I'm looking to make a career change into tech from digital marketing. I want to start by learning python and really need the structure of an online class or boo...
[no replies]
by Dee5
String (1,2)

Guys I hope you are all doing well. Im trying to build a program for some children to Learn how to write the word Banana. The program should give output yes if ...
[20 replies] Last: I know it's not the best way of learning but I'm trying my level bes... (by H00G0)
by ruzip
Reverse Iterator errors with Android Native C++

When building for Android NDK, I am getting errors when compiling a cpp file with reverse iterators in them. list<int> Foo; ... Foo.push_back(Index); ... ...
[8 replies] Last: By checking again the guide here, I just changed stlport_static whic... (by ruzip)
by Dee5
Counting characters

Hello guys, I'm working on program to count letter b,r and w in a string. I keep getting errors please help THANKS #include <iostream> #include...
[5 replies] Last: I think I need to update my compiler but thanks Your compiler, wha... (by againtry)
segfault at method invocation (1,2)

I get at line 55 a segfault when the fly-method will get invoked. If I exchange the raw pointers by smart pointers the error disappears. Any idea why this h...
[20 replies] Last: The number of behaviors right across the board doesn't really matter. ... (by againtry)
How i can build a statistical machine translation engine?

Hello. I am a programmer. I want to build my own statistical translation engine. I have a decent mastering of C++, i can be able to understand solutions in plai...
[no replies]
by Dee5
If statement

Hello guys, I wrote this simple program but I keep getting wrong outputs and I don't know what is the problem. The program needs to perform some calculations un...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help (by Dee5)
Ensuring inline function is done as it's

How to ensure inline function is done/compiled as it should be
[5 replies] Last: This may mean you write the code as a macro. you don't have to write ... (by jonnin)
by H00G0
Anyone interested in giving feedback on program/app I created? (1,2,3)

Hello people! I've asked around, quite some time ago, about a program I was working on : I've made a sort of console application (a mere program really) that...
[49 replies] Last: so much for doing it off the cuff. Good point (by jonnin)
Can someone explain to me how this bizarre piece of code works?

int parity(int x, int size) { int i; int p = 0; x = (x & ((1<<size)-1)); for (i=0; i<size; i++) { if (x & 0x1) p++; x = x >> 1; } return (...
[5 replies] Last: right! Ive wondered off and on what a cpu might be like if we took h... (by jonnin)
Questions regarding hash map implementation

Not sure if this goes in General or Beginners, but here goes. I am currently reading Professional C++, 4th Edition by Marc Gregoire. In one chapter, the author ...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=ne555]I would like to see the operator= implementation. Here i... (by TheToaster)
December 2019 Pages: 123... 10
  Archived months: [nov2019] [jan2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.