Compiling Trevisan's Extractor

Hello,

I am trying to compile this library:

https://github.com/jdbancal/libtrevisan

I installed everything without error and I could make for the code. There is no error. But when I try to run the extractor and when I give my input it is working till the one point and after that I am getting ""aborted core dump" error!

I have no idea why I am getting that and since the code is too big it is impossible for me to correct the code and there is no error too

Any recommandation for running my program?
I am not expert in c++ so maybe you could see and find something

Many thanks
Bests
I don't think anyone is in a better position to assist you than the developer in the issue you already opened.
I know but there is no answer from there and I need to find a solution so I tried this forum too :(
It is maybe some basic things and maybe someone can give an idea
does the library come with a sample program or sample input with a known result?

do you know how to use the core dump file to debug it?

The library looks 'dead' ... not a lot of recent activity, only a couple of comments, ...
Last edited on
If you want to try, I can send some example input file

I dont know how to use core dump file to debug ...

Yeah but I have to do it one way or another

The thing is that it is a very heavy code and maybe it is related to my ram or memory I do not know any other possibilities for the reason...
I am telling you what to look for to get it working, not offering to do it for you :)
if it has a test input file, and that works, but yours does not, its probably your data or your code. If it crashes on the test file, its the tool.

I dont know how to use core dump file to debug ...
No time like the present to learn... google what to do. Those core dump files are not just hard drive clutter, they are a tool...

it is unlikely your first small test ran the box out of memory, but you can watch this, your computer has a way to monitor memory use.... fire it up and watch the program. That isn't usually the cause of a core dump (as in, never). Core dumps are full stop crashes, running out of ram would trigger your swap files and more to take over first, you would know I think.
I do not know any other possibilities for the reason...

Well, the code looks like crap, so maybe that has something to do with it.

As for an example input file that demonstrates the problem, you should post it somewhere and put a link to it here so anyone who wants to try can access it.
Here I put the link for sample input
https://easyupload.io/m/zhe9xm

And this is the code script for running program

./extractor -v --Blk_Design --bitext rsh --eps 5.13135518e-18 --alpha 0.16 --weakdes gfp --outputsize 1500 --inputsize 15000 --seed seed2.txt --input source.txt --output_file output.txt
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.