Visual Studio 2019 errors

Hello. I get the following errors every time I build with
Visual Studio 2019:

LNK4075 ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/OPT:ICF' specification

Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function "int __cdecl __scrt_common_main_seh(void)"

Error LNK1120 1 unresolved externals File Editor

Can anyone recognise this or spot the issue?

If you are wanting to test drive VS2019 I really, really, REALLY recommend when creating a new project you start with an empty project. That sets all the settings for a console (pure C++) app. You can then add new source/header files or add existing files as needed to the project.

I seriously suggest "Do not use the precompiled headers option." That can create problems when building after editing source files. Forcing you to do a full rebuild.

I doubt you will be creating projects that can take hours/days to build. Precompiled headers is one of the few things that can save time and effort with HUGE projects.

When creating a Win32 SDK app, a GUI app, use the Windows Wizard, still creating an empty app.

Just dumping errors without any accompanying code, even if minimal rewritten code that still give the errors, is useless for anyone wanting to help you.

The best anyone can say is "you tried to compile a console app as if it were a Win32 SKD app." Different settings for different types of apps.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.