Bluetooth motor control IOS

Hi Guys,
As part of a HSC Major Work, I need a component consisting of a bluetooth activated motor to open a lid. So far I am working with a Arduino Uno, Motor Servo Controller module and a bluetooth V.40 BLE. I have found an Arduino compatible app BLExAR on IOS, in which I can establish a connection between. Here u can control both analog and digital pins, view data on a graph and send and receive messages (called TX Characteristics). So basically I need code that will allow me to turn on and off the motor via the BLExaR app. Hope someone can help!! Cheers Max

Current code for motor:

#include <AFMotor.h>

AF_DCMotor Motor1(3);

void setup(){
// Open serial port
Serial.begin(9600);

}

void loop()
{
Motor1.setSpeed(255);
Motor1.run(FORWARD);
delay(2000);
Motor1.run(BACKWARD);
delay(2000);
Motor1.run(FORWARD);
delay(2000);
Motor1.run(BACKWARD);
delay(2000);
Motor1.setSpeed(0);
Motor1.run(BRAKE);
delay(1000);
}

Bluetooth Message code:

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial ble(2, 3); // RX, TX

void setup(){
// Open serial port
Serial.begin(9600);
// begin bluetooth serial port communication
ble.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
Serial.println("Sending Bluetooth Message...");
ble.write("hello max");
delay(2000);
}
So, if you run your "Bluetooth Message code:" sample code on your Arduino, do you see either of

- "Sending Bluetooth Message..." in some kind of terminal within your Arduino development IDE
- "hello max" in the BLExAR app?

I guess at some point, you could try ble.read() to try and get some data back from your app.

Hi Salem,

Yes I do receive a message on my app saying "hello max" and from there I can change the frequency of the message sending.

What do you mean by sending a 'ble.read()', is this a function to tell the motor what to do??

cheers
Well the next thing to try is sending a message from your phone to the Arduino.

I would have thought that the example where you found
ble.write("hello max");
would also show an example of how to receive information.

From which you might deduce
response = ble.read();
if ( response == ? ) {
  Motor1.setSpeed(255);
  Motor1.run(FORWARD);
  delay(2000);
  Motor1.setSpeed(0); 
  Motor1.run(BRAKE);
}
Thankyou for your response.

I still unfortunately don't know exactly what you are talking about. When I paste this code it comes up with an error message for 'response'. Do I have to put my own 'response' in there.

I am still very much a beginner so this is greatly appreciated. Just from the information I've given you could you possibly try and piece something together for me and I could work around with it once you send it.
cheers!!
> response = ble.read();
This is an abstract idea which you need to make concrete by reading the manual pages.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/SoftwareSerialRead

> Do I have to put my own 'response' in there.
It's up to you to comprehend the idea, and make the result syntactically valid for the compiler.

> Just from the information I've given you could you possibly try and piece something
> together for me and I could work around with it once you send it.
That was my last post, but you still came back for more anyway.
Registered users can post here. Sign in or register to post.