Beginners - November 2020 (Page 2)

Keeps saying the function I'm trying to call is not declared in scope.

Hello. I'm trying to use some old code for a new project I'm working on, and I'm trying to test if it works first before tweaking it. For some reason, although ...
[2 replies] Last: readData is inside the class. so you either need R.readData(R); //thi... (by jonnin)
Нow can i insert the desired character

I have such code of definition of the set character but I do not understand how to insert a comma over a certain character and to deduce it. You may want to use...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for your help. (by chebyrek)
by ronnn
C Programming - Multithreading Conversion

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving! (if you celebrate) I am in need of some guidance in regards to a program that I need to edit in order for it to have multithreadi...
[4 replies] Last: pthreads is (or was?) portable and could work on any platform, from wh... (by jonnin)
Arduino Mega 2560 "Failed to Send Command to Seriel Port"

Hello Everyone, This is my first post on this forum so my apologies in advanced if the format isn't 100% correct. About 5 weeks ago I started a college course...
[6 replies] Last: I just ran the program on my PC instead of my Mac and the error seems ... (by bvzzkill)
Why is my C ++ program crashing?

Hi. First of all, I apologize in advance for any mistakes in explaining. I use the Google translator... I must make a program that complies with the followin...
[11 replies] Last: The sole issue Dev C++ had with my code earlier is how the array was d... (by George P)
1st classes project

Hi, I'm learning classes, and making a simple calculator to compute area. The program should print the dims of a rectangle's sides, and then print the area....
[6 replies] Last: Hello project science, Sorry for the delay. I had some computer probl... (by Handy Andy)
Can't open csv file and dsiplay it (1,2)

Hello all, I'm trying to display my csv file, and i just can't seem to get it to open. I've tried a few methods but they all displayed my error prompt so i'm st...
[25 replies] Last: I'm going to guess it's these fine lines that do nothing: goalsAllo... (by Repeater)
Recursion problem

Hello Kamikaze24, I tried to run your program, but it did not compile. #include <iostream> //#include <fstream> // <--- Not used at this time. Did you hav...
[2 replies] Last: OP has now deleted their posts!!!!!!!! (by seeplus)
fstream

I want to store files by naming them from file 1.dat . Everything is fine but when I restart the program, it stores file naming from file 1.dat again but I ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! (by HelpMeBro)
[Error] 'else' without a previous 'if'

#include <iostream> #include <math.h> using namespace std; int main() { float a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i; float average; cout << "this is the grading f...
[3 replies] Last: We do not need all these variables (a,b,c,d,e,f etc.). We can maintain... (by JLBorges)
by Mif
How to play 2 waves at the same time? in "C"

Is it possible to play 2 waves t the same time in "C" programming ? I'm asking this because I'm working on a game, and I have wave sounds for almost everyth...
[4 replies] Last: I got it finally.. I have 2 days of reading and download a bunch of f... (by Mif)
To be or not to be?

I consider myself to be a novice programmer and often find myself asking whether a variable should be a member of a class or be created on the fly within the co...
[4 replies] Last: @seeplus, thanks for you input :) i have a better understanding of wh... (by CodeGoggles)
plot

Hallo, ich möchte mehrer Graphen in einem plot plotten. Die Werte der x-Achse sind in einem Array t und die dazugehörigen Werte in anderen Arrays v,v1,v2,....
[6 replies] Last: @coder777 who the hell do you think you are telling people here what t... (by againtry)
BST Checker always returning true

Im checking to see if an array is a BST. Im not sure why my isBST() which calls CheckIfBST() is always returning true. Is it my logic for CheckIfBST()? I tri...
[2 replies] Last: Couple of points 1) You should always initialize variables when defin... (by seeplus)
adding one additional field to the Structure of the records

I need help adding one additional field to the Structure of the records in each of these 3 programs: • That is a char field called ID which should have...
[3 replies] Last: //Program 1 // This program sets up a file of blank inventory record... (by seeplus)
by syeare
C++ Classes

Why getting the gallons left in my code result in the same value as adding gallons? The final line that should be output after running this ought to be the fuel...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; class ... (by seeplus)
Tower of Hanoi

Hello I'm writing a code for the Tower of Hanoi problem and I currently have no clue what to do. Part of the code is already complete and I just need to finish...
[4 replies] Last: I have a recursive function already the does what seeplus said to do.... (by seeplus)
by dwvky
Why my code cant read CPP file?

One of my homework is to read a file and delete the extra spaces, and then output to a new file, My professor asked us to use CPP files. My code can read othe...
[9 replies] Last: It turned out to be like this, I understand, thank you (by dwvky)
chess move in an array (1,2)

Hello everybody. Isn't this suppose to find a kings move in an array? Increased and decreased stands for +1 , -1. Thank you. for (int i = decreasedrow; i ...
[21 replies] Last: Ok. Thank you very much. I won't be bothering you further. (by closed account o35DwA7f)
Inefficient code

bool StripBackslash1(char* buf) { char* tmp = buf; bool ret = false; for(tmp = buf; *tmp != '\0'; tmp++) { if(tmp == '\\' && tmp == ...
[5 replies] Last: memmove is safe if you are in C and need to overlap the memory. I thi... (by jonnin)
November 2020 Pages: 1234... 14
  Archived months: [oct2020] [dec2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.