Beginners - March 2020 (Page 12)

Help developing this function

Hi, I am working on a program that uses c style string processing and I need to use a function called int lastOfIndex(const char* inString, char target) . This ...
[6 replies] Last: I updated it :), had the return index so it terminates in main if the ... (by Depressed)
can not get this to compile

Hi Newbie here! I'm writing a program and I get error messages and not sure what I am doing wrong. Please help! // Headers //#include"stdafx.h" #include...
[2 replies] Last: You keep declaring some variables having the same name with the ones y... (by grizzlei)
hash table sort

Hello I have question about hash table and sort function. I have to make hash table which i have done. And now i must do a sort function. But i do not understan...
[3 replies] Last: Yes it does not move elements to different buckets. (by highwayman)
What is the definition of an Native Android App?

Background: I've been learning and developing Android apps with Android SDK using Java for more than two years now. I haven't found myself needing to use C/C++ ...
[1 reply] : You seem off base. Native vs web has to do with how its designed/insta... (by confundido)
Help summing a series of digits with a c-string in c++

I need to write a program that asks the user to enter a series of single-digit numbers with nothing separating them. Then, read the input as a C-string or a str...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you it works perfectly! I was so just confused because I never w... (by Depressed)
by scubaa
Can't format a table to save my life

I was able to get my code to give the correct numbers for my assignment, but I'm having trouble putting the information into a table correctly. This is what t...
[3 replies] Last: Hello scubaa, Along with what jlb has mentioned this is a good plac... (by Handy Andy)
base class undefined (1,2)

I'm try to use inheritance here where the "started" class is the parent and as I made the "BeginJourney" the child things haven't been working. It says that the...
[23 replies] Last: And going that extra step ... #include <iostream> #include <string> ... (by againtry)
Homework Help: readSales.cpp

I have been stuck trying to understand how to properlly do this program for my class. The TA's and proffesor wont do anything for me except tell me to look at t...
[1 reply] : Have you considered just using the stream extraction operator in conju... (by jlb)
C++ - BFS and a Directed Graph / Adjacency List

I'm trying to wrap my head around a breadth first search on a directed graph with an array of vertices and an adjacency list. For example: ->null -> -...
[2 replies] Last: No, I don't understand BFS with just one vertex. It seems like it woul... (by confundido)
by LuffyD
I NEED SOME INTERPRETATION HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have this description of an UML diagram to make an implementation file for a shape that we need to display, and one of the functions described as: The crea...
[no replies]
Explain each line of code

A user here answered a different question of mine using the code below, but since I am 3 days into learning C++, I don't quite understand some of the concepts i...
[3 replies] Last: Comments added. //PREPROCESSING DIRECTIVES #include <iostream> ///St... (by confundido)
Creating a Custom Iterator over a Novel Container

Greetings. I'm very glad that websites like this exist, and that domain experts such as yourselves take the time to answer Very Dumb Questions such as this one ...
[7 replies] Last: How often are references to complex objects passed around without reso... (by jonnin)
by lam814
the problem of for loop

My teacher asks let me design a program to find the area of the ellipse.We can not use the pi and any other libraries. The precision and xy-axis are given. The ...
[8 replies] Last: if you want high precision squares using this method you can probably ... (by jonnin)
C++ Exercise

Hi I need help, I have to make in c ++ a table of books with their title, author, editorial, and genre with classes, builders, structures, etc ...
[12 replies] Last: You have been asked multiple times to use code tags. PLEASE DO SO. ht... (by AbstractionAnon)
How to tell user which number to vote for?

I am working on a dice game for a C++ class in college. I am trying to make the program tell the user which number to vote for depending on whichever dice numbe...
[1 reply] : Use an array to hold the counts. #include <iostream> #include <cstd... (by dutch)
Using file I/O, arrays and functions to read employee data

Hi, I have an assignment I’m working on where I have to read into a file for data on employee hours worked in a week then calculate the number of hours worked...
[6 replies] Last: My full code ended up being: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip>... (by ilovecats879)
by darego
Finding kth smallest element using Max Heap

I am trying to use a Max Heap in order to find the Kth smallest element. Although after hours of trying to get this to work I can't find a complete solution. M...
[2 replies] Last: edit: nvm that works perfect. thanks a lot! :) (by darego)
by fog22
Issue with pointers

I am trying to store information in an array of pointers. I have been trying to solve this issue. I am unable to store and print out data stored in the class va...
[5 replies] Last: No. new returns a pointer to an inventory item. That is the correct ... (by AbstractionAnon)
by darego
HeapSort function not sorting correctly

I have a Max Heap implemented using a vector. The trickeUpRec() and trickleDownRec() functions move the vector nodes into their correct positions in order to sa...
[3 replies] Last: got it fixed with the following void trickleDownRec(int n, int i) ... (by darego)
March 2020 Pages: 1... 1011121314
  Archived months: [feb2020] [apr2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.