Beginners - June 2021 (Page 2)

Easy function for scaling a bmp image

Hello is there a easy function for scaling a bmp (24 bit) image to a size of 256x256 pixels?
[5 replies] Last: Install vcpkg: https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg#quick-start-windows ... (by JLBorges)
Cash register (1,2)

WHy doesnt it go into the if statement block of code? #include <iostream> using namespace std; #include <string> int main() { string Ham = "Ham ...
[28 replies] Last: Got it! finally! Thank you all so much! (by Notanormie)
Stream wav directly to audio speaker

Hi, can anybody suggest a small lib for opening and passing on data from a wav file to speakers? I already checked out WSAPI and SndLib. First one is to ov...
[1 reply] : SDL is more than what you're looking for, but it does provide cross-pl... (by newbieg)
by CVRIV
Having trouble adding spaces between characters in a string being built via a for loop.

I'm adding characters from one string to another with the addition of spaces between the characters. This doesn't work. I get a real crazy output. /...
[8 replies] Last: made a fairly strong push for favouring iterator based classical for ... (by seeplus)
by min01
C Language Bisection Method Algorithm;Midpoint (1,2)

Hi Everybody! I need help, I can't run the program. Also I need the iteration to run at maximum of 20 only and it has to be in C language, what should I change ...
[21 replies] Last: The bisection algorithm, if implemented correctly, always maintains Xl... (by lastchance)

thankies!
[3 replies] Last: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1557894/non-recursive-merge-sort y... (by jonnin)
by CVRIV
I'm having trouble iterating through a const string.

I'm trying to use a for loop to iterate through a const string to print the characters but I'm getting an error. If I remove the const for that string in the fu...
[6 replies] Last: If using iterator, then auto is your friend. Also don't forget about .... (by seeplus)

thankies
[5 replies] Last: t (by lindsayy)
by Wedde
Delete file with string variable

I am trying to delete a .txt file. When hardcoding the .txt, like Banana.txt it functions like expected with the remove function. But when i am trying to use a ...
[18 replies] Last: I performed these operations but different way, the following method I... (by Devendra238)
Issues with a header file

My program is the start of a "music database" which acts as a terminal. The user will enter in commands to get things done. At the moment, however, I am having ...
[3 replies] Last: You're less likely to get a response if you mark your post as solved, ... (by Ganado)
by batzot
c++ programming

1. Print the entire list. This menu item is selected by typing 1 and it should simply print the contents of the file in suitable format on the screen. (Field...
[11 replies] Last: As a first revision, consider: #include <iostream> #include <string... (by seeplus)
use of __cplusplus in python source

At the top of each C header file (after the include guards), use this #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif and at the bottom, need to enclose #ifdef __cp...
[5 replies] Last: The dirty sh!t dale14886 edited their post with spam. (by salem c)
arrays

I have an txt file called arr.txt that looks like 4;3,2,5,6 2;1,5 3;4,6,8 .... (has an unknown amount of rows in the txt file) The first value of the row is ...
[8 replies] Last: Using dynamic memory - if you really want - then possibly something li... (by seeplus)
Make numbers in sequence

Hi, I have a school project on basic C++ where the user will input numbers between 1 to 1000 and the code should make those numbers in sequence. Like if t...
[5 replies] Last: :) :) Quite. In the OP there was no constraints mentioned (like using ... (by seeplus)
All random number are the same in C

Hello, When I run the below code all ten numbers are the same but when I debug and trace the program, all ten numbers are different. How can I solve this ...
[4 replies] Last: The time() http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ctime/time/ returns a ... (by keskiverto)
logical operators

i am a novice programmer and i want to learn through practicing. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { for(int i=0;i<=6;i++) { if(...
[6 replies] Last: there is overlap between boolean algebra (true false) and sets. about... (by jonnin)
Linked List Help!! (Now have 23 errors with code) (1,2,3)

For this code, I have to create a program using linked list that will ask the user to enter the month and the amount of rainfall that month got. I'm confused on...
[43 replies] Last: @OP Needs to be completed but it doesn't bomb. Also note that by decou... (by againtry)
unhandled exception at 0x00EEFB5D in Project1.exe: 0xC0000094: Integer division by zero.

hello. been working on this code for a while now and had lots of help from the people here The code runs normally up to the second question, however at this ...
[17 replies] Last: L37 insert std::cout << "!" << word1 << "! !" << answer1 << "!\n";... (by seeplus)
How to traverse through two 2d arrays to create a list

Write a program that registers all the students in both streams in different arrays i.e., 5A and 5B. Traverse through both registers and come up with a full lis...
[3 replies] Last: Simply without functions/structs etc, consider: #include <iostream>... (by seeplus)
having trouble with program and setw()

UPDATE on program calculating area of rectangle, and converting feet to inches. Result of program should be: Enter the length in feet and inches: 3 0 <Enter...
[9 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> // setw(11); using name... (by againtry)
June 2021 Pages: 1234... 9
  Archived months: [may2021] [jul2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.