Beginners - February 2020 (Page 2)

by LuffyD
HELP!!!!!!undefined reference to `operator delete(void*, unsigned long)

HELP!!!!! im getting this error im compiling with g++ ,by the way and this error is bugging me a lot : undefined reference to `operator delete(void*, uns...
[1 reply] : Without seeing any code there is no way to tell what's wrong... (by coder777)
wxMessageBox not showing up when pressing "m_button2". How to fix?

Hello, I'm trying to write my first program in C++, using wxFormBuilder and wxWidgets I want wxMessageBox to show the value of "string01" when "m_button2" gets...
[4 replies] Last: Hello, thanks again for trying to help me I gave up with this code ge... (by varnull)
Basic Arrays Assignment (stuck)

Hi everyone, I'm in a intro to C++ class and my teacher gave us this assignment with out going over arrays in very much detail. Problem: First, make an ar...
[1 reply] : Try making the loop to set the value of each entry, then show us that (by Niccolo)
Is there any exit commands?

I tried to make a program for login, but I really want to make an exit command. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { string user; s...
[2 replies] Last: exit() and terminate() depending on your intent and needs. These are ... (by jonnin)
initialize a table of random values ​by forbidding to align 3 similar values

Hi all, I have just initialized an array of random values ​​but I would like that in the case where 3 values ​​are aligned, my array is regenerated...
[3 replies] Last: Perhaps something like this: #include <cstdlib> class CPlateau { s... (by AbstractionAnon)
Little problems with functions

Hello, guys. I have little problem with this code, can you help me? #include <iostream> using namespace std; void Balts(string x){ x="balts"; } ...
[5 replies] Last: It's hard to know how to fix it because it's hard to know what exactly... (by dutch)
Incorrect math or data types

new to all this, please don't shoot the messenger. using an input file to estimate pi but the output is wrong. I know it's obvious but I can't see it. Is it ...
[5 replies] Last: last chance that worked perfectly. thank you. learned a lot (by bigskit13)
School Project,Gui,more

Hello, I would like to make a simple gui that would execute bat files.By pressing on the appropriate buttons,a bat file will run that will setup an auto chec...
[2 replies] Last: It sounds like you are trying to create a “ launcher ” — an appl... (by Duthomhas)
Best way to amend/delete items stored in an object?

Hi I have a class Container like this: class Container{ private: vector<CustomType> things; public: void addThing(CustomType); vector<Cust...
[5 replies] Last: I have a class Container like this: Since this is a "container" the ... (by jlb)
by joe809
Program Won't Do Anything/Compile

I need help with a program that does not compile in Visual Studio. I'm using an online system for C++ that already have its own test cases. However, I always li...
[9 replies] Last: Hello joe809, Go back and reread my first response then reread what ... (by Handy Andy)
by LuffyD
Help with a bitmap header implementation

hello, i have an issue with an assignment, we need to implement certain shape, but using a bitmap image. We have a header for this, but cannot figure out exactl...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you , I can try and work with that And yes I need to draw a sha... (by LuffyD)
by fog22
Need help with sorting functions with multiple data types

My goal is to be able to sort an array of objects. The user will choose what he wants to sort by. (using a single function). I have tried using a template fu...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <vector> #include <al... (by lastchance)
When to delete pointer in try-catch block

Quick best-practice question (note I am not allowed to use any smart pointers in this code). I am under the impression that if I pass a pointer to a function an...
[1 reply] : Well, in this case: Why do you even create an object with new? Is it... (by coder777)
Need help with isSorted

I would like to create a isSorted function that displays a message if the array elements are sorted or not. //This program is used to test the options use...
[5 replies] Last: Yes. Inside your loop check whether element n-1 (prev) is less than n ... (by xmrfate)
Concept Question

I am going over some concept questions in my textbook in the section for recursion. I have never seen anything like this before, and it doesn't really engage me...
[5 replies] Last: I appreciate the feedback guys. It helps to hear from those who been t... (by stoneJax)
by F95
Need help with a random number generator

Need this program to generate a random number that is then modulated. If the modulus produces a 0, then the program can continue. Otherwise it will continue to ...
[7 replies] Last: I figured out my problem. Thank you for the help 👌. #include <cma... (by F95)
Correctly use input values

I'm trying to create a program that uses an input file to approximate pi. Input file has the following in it 12 123 1234 12345 ... 123456789 pi form...
[2 replies] Last: lastchance, you are correct. i didn't understand the assignment well.... (by bigskit13)
Need help outputting correct median in an array

When I input the numbers 1-10 it gives me a median of 5.50 instead of 4.50 //This program is used to test the options used in Assignment 4 before inputtin...
[4 replies] Last: I must be tired lmaooooo, thank you for making me laugh with that pun ... (by Depressed)
by mrquan
Please Help!

URGENT! Hello, I am having trouble trying to figure out how I need to do this problem for my C++ class. The assignment is asking me to write a program that will...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int numEven( int N ) { retu... (by lastchance)
by Imeeh
Adjacency matrix of a cycle graph

Please kindly identify my error in this code. It is not giving the required output and prescribed by the question: Cycles Is a graph denoted by the adjacency ...
[1 reply] : I haven't tried too hard to trace through your code, but it looks like... (by Duthomhas)
February 2020 Pages: 1234... 13
  Archived months: [jan2020] [mar2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.