Beginners - April 2021 (Page 3)

Issue with clearing memory

This may be the wrong place for this, but I have a feeling it all boils down to a c++ issue. https://github.com/CraigglesO/webp-js/blob/master/src/webp_js.cc...
[4 replies] Last: Edit, yeah guys sorry. I misinterpreted the wrapper. The final result... (by MrMartian)
c program with struct

Good Day, can someone please help me with my problem. I need to do the exact same program but instead, the codes are need to be used with struct and i'm still n...
[8 replies] Last: Hello justinejerome, If you have any more problems or questions let m... (by Handy Andy)
by akeilo
Needing a little more help

I previously received some help with this code I am writing from seeplus, but I have ran into another error with the code not being able to read all of the line...
[9 replies] Last: athletes.txt in this case: Mirabella Jones 7.5 8.8 7.0 8.1 8.0 9.8 9.... (by againtry)
Decrement to 0 and back up again

Hello. I am very new to programming logic. I know some Javascript, but more DOM manipulation and dealing with arrays & objects rather than heavy logic. I am try...
[4 replies] Last: The previous produces a sawtooth pattern, this produces a triangle pat... (by againtry)
by kg88
Need help with a pushback on a vector

Hi I'm trying to get my new section to work on a pushback to no avail. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. This is the main code //headers #inclu...
[3 replies] Last: 1. It's || and not | . The former is logical, the latter is bit-c... (by mbozzi)
Find the value of x!

Hello everyone! is there any easy way to solve this ?! using Switch Statement find the value of x whereas : X = A + B if j = 1 X = A - b i...
[4 replies] Last: Note the use of a break statement at the end of each case. Once the sw... (by finetunewithhammer)
How to compare two values from two different text files? (1,2)

Hey everyone, I'm pretty stuck right now on this assignment. So I got my read from the first file okay but then I need to compare if the ID gotten from the firs...
[29 replies] Last: @keskiverto, I realize all of that. After all I have said about usin... (by Handy Andy)
Modify textBox from outside the form "class"?

I'm using c++/cli and windows forms. My form has text boxes, and I can't seem to modify them from anywhere outside the event handlers of the form's controls. ...
[1 reply] : You could make textBox2 public or create a public function(setter) or ... (by thmm)
by NMI21
Using fstream with txt files and file pathing

If i put in a filepath it is never able to open it please help #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> using namespace std; int mai...
[3 replies] Last: Hello NMI21, When using a path it can either be a relative path from ... (by Handy Andy)
How to get values from a function?

The question says to get the returned values from functions and print it in main. The final output should be 5 6.2832 3.1416 1. Is the first output the ...
[5 replies] Last: Understood. Thank you very much. (by hishiiro)
by akeilo
Needing help modifying my code.

I was wondering what would be the best way from me to make my code read the data from multiple athletes and output it. What changes would I need would I need to...
[3 replies] Last: Hello akeilo, Referencing your code I changed the if statement in lin... (by Handy Andy)
Help with absolute value of an array

Hello, I have some function that inside I am trying to take the absolute value of an array using std::valarray. But I keep getting the errors: no instan...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks everyone! This was very helpful. (by JamieAl)
switch statement help

I'm trying to create a game that generates a random number then you have to use a calculator to come with an arithmetic to match that number to win. I made the ...
[3 replies] Last: That worked out for me, Thanks again! (by Frizosty)
Menu project using arrays

Hello all, I have been working on this project for some time where i take items from text files and output them to the console as if it were an interactive res...
[14 replies] Last: Hello ccorkran, I take it there is no point in rehashing what has alr... (by Handy Andy)
quiz game

j
[6 replies] Last: Was also posted here http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/275717/ (by seeplus)
Need a little help with my void function

I can't get my code to compile. Any help would be appreciated! (the Error) temperature.cpp: In function ‘void readTemp(std::vector<Temperature>)’: temp...
[5 replies] Last: Not withstanding TheIdeasMan valid comments re constants, as a starter... (by seeplus)
Limit order

How can I limit order to 10? void menu2() { ofstream write; write.open("order.txt"); if(!write) { cout<<"file can not open"<<endl; exit (-1...
[2 replies] Last: It works but I also want to Include the quantity of overall order like... (by looookster)
by NMI21
Check input for one word

Hi, i want to write a program which gives out "Write any sentence" for example. Thats no problem of course. But is there any way that i can check the input of t...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you this helped me out a lot! (by NMI21)
BattleShip Game

Hello guys! Hope everyone is safe and sound! Im a student of Computer Science and engineering and this is my first year but i was more focused on the maths an...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=Handy Andy]The "void" here is old and no longer necessary. Not ... (by TheIdeasMan)
questions + How to Setup VOCE (Voice Recognition API) C++

There is an archived post about " How to Setup VOCE (Voice Recognition API) C++". Was the user satisfied with the now archived answer? Furthermore, would someon...
[1 reply] : No need to put the link in code tags! https://www.cplusplus.com/forum/... (by JRManx)
April 2021 Pages: 12345... 12
  Archived months: [mar2021] [may2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.